Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,923 Posts
Esko there are a lot of very good routers that run 1/2 shafts that are not Festool, Bosch, Makita, Triton, many others, variable speed, plunge and not, don't get fooled into thinking that festool are the only good ones, they are good but just not worth that price tag. NGM

· Registered
1,923 Posts
Thank's Pat, Charles and Neville for your information. It's easy to keep in mind that a router is a machine that has to be handled with care. It's difficult to forget sush a matter when you have a very very sharp bit spinning near your most precious at a speed of max. 27000rpm.
Even I mostly use pine I still make light passes. Propably something like 3-5mm. maximum.
I have a second machine. It's labeld Biltema. As a sheap machine, 50€ as new, it works fine in my use. I understand it can't be as good as my old Elu.
Festool and blue bosch are the most expencive. Triton is yotaly unknown here.
Esko there is one trick regarding that high speed cutter, as a professional then I don't mind passing this trade secret on to you, "when it is spinning then don't touch it with your fingers" do that and do the light cuts until you get the hang of it and you will be fine, Neville

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.