Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Coming home this morning and driving through Winder, Georgia (next town up), I stopped-by a local thrift store. It has proven to be a great place for gadgets and because everything sold was donated by others - the prices are crazy cheap.

Today, I came-up with this interesting find. I have no clue what this is. Often when Joy gets home, she can immediately recognize something as a kitchen gizmo - which this may be, but I wanted to see if any of you recognize it. I honestly have no idea of its intended purpose!

Thanks for any input, Whenever I see something that arouses my curiosity, I buy it (within reason, of course) and take it home and try to learn from it. This gadget is made of good, sturdy white plastic, except for a couple of steel bolts and (obviously) a couple of internal springs.

Thanks again,

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia

Attachments

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...and MARCEL got it right! Joy got home and said, "That is a slicing guide for cutting a loaf of bread" I said, "Wouldn't that make really skinny slices of bread?" Joy replied, "You wouldn't have to use every slot - dumbo". She's right, again - as usual. This morning I told her I was feeling really good and was in a good mood. She said, "What's the matter - do you think it's a chemical imbalance?" I can't get ANY respect!

Thanks Marcel!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow! I think I've inadvertantly found a subject many of us are more passionate about than our routers - eating freshly baked bread! I'm needing to quit reading these comments, though; it is making me HUNGRY!

Just yesterday someone asked if I was "having a boy or a girl?" My reply was, "We don't know yet - but we hope it is healthy"!

You guys are TOO MUCH!

Otis

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just bake a loaf that fits in a miter box, then you can even slice your bread @ 45 degrees or 90 degrees :)
Glenn! First let me say "Welcome to the Router Forums", but Secondly I must ask you a question... that 45* or 90*...are you talking 45* Fehrenheit or Celsius? Same question on the 90* F or C? Just curious because I don't want to eat my bread too hot or too cold, but I do think butter will spread really good at 90*C!

Thanks again, you guys made me laugh so loud it woke-up my wife!

Otis

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I do remember the hand crank phones though. They have them for cell phones here in Japan for when the electricity is out.
Steve
Wow! Now THAT (hand crank cell phones) would really be dangerous here in Georgia - where there is a big problem with people texting and driving! It's bad enough when someone texts and drives - but can you imagine if they were texting and cranking and driving? I get a really funny mental image here.

It is bad enough that people TALK on their cell phones while driving, but over many years and miles of driving - I've seen things that top that off! We've all seen ladies putting-on lipstick and makeup, but I've seen a man brushing his teeth!..and another man was putting-on deodorant while driving! Women breast-feeding their babies while driving is one of my personal favorites (when they switch "outlets")!..and a couple of times I've seen the driver and passenger CHANGE PLACES while driving!

I saw something (that to me was even funnier)...I was gassing-up my pickup truck, while a guy just across from me was using the "sponge/squeege on a stick" (intended to use on windshields) to wash his ENTIRE CAR!

Later,
Otis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.