Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porter Cable had a 90th anniversary model 690-router model with a shiny finish, 90th label, and black case some years back.

It was nice looking but sold for about $20 more then the standard one at Sears. One lunch hour I was at a Sear store in a mall and stopped by the tool department. Sitting on the end of back row of tools was one of these routers marked $68.XX.

I at first thought it must be labeled wrong so I got hold of one of the hardware guys. He said it was last years model and they were getting rid of them. I ask if it were a display model and he said they had 3 in the back still in boxes.

So that is the story of “my best router deal”. I should have gotten two then it would have been twice the deal?????/

So what is your best router deal?

Ed

·
Registered
394 Posts
My 'best' is a 693PK kit missing the fixed base. Motor, plunge base, and carrying case for $49.00. I was grinning so much I forgot to even try to barter the price down lower... :confused:

Edit: This was a used router found in a second-hand shop.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Mine was the Fein RT1800 on Ebay 40.00 lower than street price at that time. 2 yrs ago. Which is higher than today's street price.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My best router deal was when my dad bought me a brand spanking new Hitachi 12V.

Love it, and love him!

~Julie~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts