Router Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Why do you have 6 mounted in router tables?
I make wooden baskets and boxes. I have one mounted with a bird-mouth bit in it, one with a small round over bit; one with a small straight bit, one for cutting the bottom of the lids so the lid fits on the box, one for putting an ogee profile on tops and bottoms, and one for cutting out the profile for the sides of baskets. I can go from router to router without changing anything. Just attach the dust hose, and turn it on.

·
Registered
270 Posts
A few years ago I spent over a $1000 on plastic fishing baits. Still today not all have made it to the water, and maybe never will.
my late father, who loved fishing with straight hooks and old buttons, used to say “the job of a fishing tackle designer is to design a lure that will catch a fisherman, not one that will catch a fish”, you’ve proved it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
General case for two routers..

small trim routers are more ‘nimble’ for smaller projects. Some, like the Makita RTO CX3, have OEM and aftermarket accessories that considerably broaden their versatility. For repetitive or commercial work, two machines eliminates set-up delay.
I recently used two to make 200’ of iroko skirting (baseboard), in 16’ lengths. It had a roundover and a shallow groove, one router for each kept it consistent.
I’m planning a mahogany bookcase with sliding dovetail joints. That will mean cutting long deep dovetail slots at the full depth of the dovetail cutter, in hardwood. I intend to make a preliminary narrow groove with a second router, to hog out some of the wood to give the dovetail cutter less to do.

I also run two belt sanders with different grits.

if you have two or more cordless drills, do you not use them to bore, counterbore, countersink and drive the screw?

if you have two or more anglegrinders, would you not have a steel/stone cutting/grinding disk, a cup brush, a flap wheel, etc?

same principle.

·
Registered
581 Posts
my late father, who loved fishing with straight hooks and old buttons, used to say “the job of a fishing tackle designer is to design a lure that will catch a fisherman, not one that will catch a fish”, you’ve proved it.

Maybe and maybe not. Im in the process of getting my first boat ready and will launch.in the next week. Over he years I accumulated bait's more suitable for boat fishing than bank fishing. Now instead of trying to pull fish to me I can now go to the fish. Now much of those baits will finally get a chance, we're before it wasnt...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts