Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a older Craftsman at a garage sale and found that the yellow plastic part that is the male part in the raise/lower system is cracked. I can't find a model number anywhere. I'm attaching a couple of pictures in hopes someone knows the model and where I might find the part.

I have it apart in one photo but a distinguishing feature is 2 yellow bands and a movable ruler.

Thanks, John

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,334 Posts
Welcome to the forum John. I'm sure someone will be along to give advice.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum John. I'm not sure what your chances are of finding that part but you might be able to glue it back together. It is probably ABS I would guess but there are some epoxies now that claim to be able to glue any plastic.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mystery Craftsman?

Got a older Craftsman at a garage sale and found that the yellow plastic part that is the male part in the raise/lower system is cracked. I can't find a model number anywhere. I'm attaching a couple of pictures in hopes someone knows the model and where I might find the part.

I have it apart in one photo but a distinguishing feature is 2 yellow bands and a movable ruler.

Thanks, John
Looks like the Craftsman #17511
see the review at:

Router Reviews - Comparison Test of Fixed-Base Routers - Popular Mechanics

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for that info. I've decided to take the motor out and build it into a table with homemade lifter. The switch was tricky to get out of the handle but I've got it out and it all works, variable speed and all. The motor seems fine.

Thanks for the model number. That will help in the future.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi, John ~ I believe that Gary provided the correct model number and a link to a Popular Mechanics tool review. Meanwhile, I Googled the model number and found a manual, which I just now uploaded to our manual category. Your yellow variable speed dial is pictured on page 20. But unfortunately it is not included in the parts list on page 21, which Sears indicates is part of the motor assembly that is serviceable only by a Sears repair center. It's possible that another member might have this part available from a "cannibalized" router.
Hope that this helps. Good luck on your repair.

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey john if you can't get this back together I would love to buy the collet off you just saying and it looks like mine and my model number is 315.269210

1 - 10 of 10 Posts