Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought a survey of what music we like to listen to while working in the shop would be interesting.

I like Country Western while I work....the somebody done somebody wrong type songs, they really get me groovin :yes2:

What music do you like?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
+1 on the C&W with a little of the old time rock and roll thrown in every once in a while.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Hmmm.... not sure I should say. You'd be surprised.:p

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I don't listen to music while I work. If I did it would probably be classical such the music written by Mssrs. McCartney, Lennon, Harrison or Simon or Dylan performed by these people and their partners, if any, or Johnny Cash etc. I am wary of the distraction that would be created.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
I make plenty of mistakes without music, I hate to think what would happen if I did turn on the radio that is covered with at least 1/2" of sawdust.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
As a former musician I like to keep up on current music so I listen to modern rock. Not rap, not hip hop, not rave/dance music, just rock. Some days I listen to country, but the local country station plays the top 40 over and over. After a couple of days I know every lyric. There are only so many beer drinking, truck drivin, cheatin heart songs I can take.

·
Registered
618 Posts
My kids think I'm strange since my favorite singer is Merle Haggard, and my favorite group is AC/DC. I have a stereo system in my garage that is a left over from the 80's. It not only has a 6 disc cd changer,but also a turntable, and dual cassette deck. I change out the cd's often, so it is not uncommon to hear Ozzy Osbourne or Eminem, followed by Patsy Cline or Hank Williams.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Anything classical,plus any talkback with a political guest that I can vent my spleen! Works wonders when changing truck tyres in the heat............Regards......AL

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Don't know, it's so noisy in the shop that it just drowns it out!!! It is tuned to Christian or easy rock, but with things running it difficult to hear.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
I usually have talk radio on.. its not distracting and you can miss a minute or two without missing much. <g>

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
All depends on my mood. Sometimes classic rock, sometimes 50's or 60's, and a lot of times country, mostly older country as I find a lot of the new stuff all seems to sound the same.

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Old country and psychedelic music Hendrix, Doors. Found the new country and western just isn't the same and forget this new rock and rap which I call crap. Just can't stand the new chit :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Classical when I am learning a new technique, or if I want to be precise and careful. I like Mozart, esp. concertos, esp. piano, violin, or clarinet.

Country-Western when I am confident and want to bang out a big project. Big, loud sounds with a good sense of humor in the lyrics.

Classic rock and roll, when I am just holing up in my man-cave. This is late fifties, early sixties stuff, the real rock and roll before it just became just "rock." Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Elvis, Buddy Holly, etc.

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Classic rock and roll, when I am just holing up in my man-cave. This is late fifties, early sixties stuff, the real rock and roll before it just became just "rock." Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Elvis, Buddy Holly, etc.
OH... those were the days :agree::yes4:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts