Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished putting together a cncest 6040. Loaded Mach 3 and have everything except the tool touch set up.
The question I have is what router set up do I use for the 6040 if I use V-carve Pro? The list in vectric does not list a 6040 in any shape or form I have found. The table size it shows is only 12 x24 max.
I am SO lost.
Once I get it all turned on, how do I set up a job even. I have ZERO paperwork or instructions
Thanks in advance,
Mr.Brian

·
Registered
211 Posts
OK, I have a CNCest 6040 too. I don't use any tool touch device.
Basically you import a job stl file into you CAM program. Then you can pick the rough pass tool and define the x,y and z size of the job. Generate and save the rough pass gcode. Next choose the finish pass tool. Generate and save the finish pass gcode. Now you can open MACH3 program. Secure the workpiece to the table. Install and zero the roughing tool to the xyz point. Open the rough pass gcode file in MACH3. Make sure the cooling water is flowing. Start shop vac. Start the spindle. I like to set the overall speed at 20-30% at start. Hit start button. If everything looks to be operating properly, increase speed to 80%. Next repeat with the finish tool.
There is a learning curve. You will make mistakes. Just keep at it. It's worth the trouble.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
In VCarve Pro you can change the size of your project/work area in the setup screen. When you save your cut file use the Mach3 post-processor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As long as both your router and modem have ethernet ports on them, it should be compatible. Ensure that you connect the cable coming from your modem to the port labeled WAN port on your router.30 Sept 2021. I think asus AC1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router compatible

·
Official Greeter
19,749 Posts
G'day and welcome to the forum, @jennyS

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 6040 machine also but I rewired it to run with a Ethernet smoothstepper board with a breakout board. This way I can add other functions in Mach 3 like turning on a cooling pump, wiring multiple E-stops, auto zero (using macros after tool change) and many other options. Using Vcarve Pro you can use the default Mach 3 post processor when you save your cut file. But you can also edit your post processor to add additional functions as you gain experience (turn on water pump, start VFD). I would urge you to set soft limits in Mach 3 in addition to your micro limit switches just as an added safety measure. I would also suggest a usb pendent controller to help you set-up the home and zero each axis (https://www.amazon.com/SHINA-Upgrad...id=1643253034&sprefix=cnc+pend,aps,208&sr=8-4)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts