Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need another heavy duty router to use in my table. What brand is the best when used in the table?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Check out the Porter Cable 7518

It is heavey duty, fixed base. Makes it perfect if you use a raising system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Triton is nice but very tippy when you use it out of the table, I like the Dewalt 625, lots of power. Triton was design for table only.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use the PC 7539, it is variable speed, soft start plunge router. It was a little big for the Oak Park table but it fit with the removal of one handle. The important thing with
the selection of the router to be used with large bits like a raised panel bit is the size
of the throat of the router, it should allow at least 2 1/2".

Good luck, Richard Wey

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
moss2 said:
Triton is nice but very tippy when you use it out of the table, I like the Dewalt 625, lots of power. Triton was design for table only.
I'll have to agree on the DW625. Mine is dedicated to the router Workshop table.

·
Banned
666 Posts
Which router

moss2 said:
Your are correct I would only use it in the table mode I have Hitachi and Makita for use in the plunge mode
Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tinhead,
Check out Pat Warner's site for info on the strengths and weaknesses of many routers in both table and free hand use. Lots of terrific information for very precise routing. www.patwarner.com

·
Registered
95 Posts
If it were me I would narrow it down to Dewalt 625 and the Triton ... I have a mate of a mate who is the weekend demonstrator here in NZ for Triton and it is a beaut in the table but an absolute mare when using handheld .... it is very very tippy ...
Hope this helps,
Aaron

·
Registered
120 Posts
Many pro users choose the DW 625 as it can be used all day handheld without feeling as uncomfortable as many routers do.
I've used a Swiss Perles 1/4" router for years and the DW625 is on my shopping list for a larger hand held and table model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts