Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my amazement I've found that abut half of my friends and acquaintances were unfamiliar with the term "Get Up" as in I will have 15 "Get Ups" left.

After 25 years at Boeing, I'm hanging up my mouse.

Since this week I'm on vacation, the Get Up number doesn't count down until Monday morning. July 6th will be my last day.

Tuesday July 7th, it's "Honey, I'm Home" for good.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Well now, congrats Ralph.... wish ya all the best in your retirement.

Reactions: rwl7532

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
okay short timer...
good luck getting to the the "wake up"... after that you won't be getting any days off, holidays, sick leave nor any vacation....

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Ralph:

Congrats on the retirement - I retired fully a year ago and have to say "there's no life like it". Enjoy

BTW: we don't call them "get ups" we call them "sleeps" as in; there's 3 more sleeps until the weekend

Vince

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay short timer...
good luck getting to the the "wake up"... after that you won't be getting any days off, holidays, sick leave nor any vacation....
All the ideas that I thought "I can't" now will be "I can" or "Why not?"

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,193 Posts
okay short timer...
But then again, every day is like summer vacation where you can do what you want, when you want, and how you want. Congratulations on your retirement. You'll be amazed at easy it is to adapt. :yes4:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,323 Posts
Ahhhh what will I do today? Stuff it, it can wait until tomorrow.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
go native...
I did...
I'm all over this...

It's been suggested that modern sleep patterns are highly unnatural, resulting from the prevalence of artificial lighting and chronic sleep deprivation. It's claimed that preindustrial and tribal societies normally sleep in two four-hour shifts, with a two- to three-hour awakening in the middle

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay short timer...
Seriously looking forward to coffee at midnight.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Seriously looking forward to coffee at midnight.
very doable..
just let me know if you want my roaster's contact information for a premium fix...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Congratulations Ralph. After 25 straight years at Boeing I'm sure it's well deserved.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Congratulations Ralph!!

Can you say "jealous?" I'm still 3 years away. My plans are to retire 12/18/18.....that will be 40 years on the money with my company.

I can say of these 37 years thus far: some have been real, some have been fun, some have been real fun. But mostly.....it has always been work. LOL

·
Premium Member
17,425 Posts
Congrats on your retirement Ralph ! ;)
It's going to give you more time to play in your shop , or is it?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on your retirement Ralph ! ;)
It's going to give you more time to play in your shop , or is it?
That's the theory I'm working with. I intend to learn Sketch Up... and lilypond (look it up)

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
The new 7 day week is great.

6 Saturdays and Sunday.......LOL.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Ralph...Congratulations...it's likely you will find yourself so busy you'll wonder when you ever had any time for work...enjoy...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ralph I have very pleasant memories (and photos) of Seattle and some great woodwork retailers. And as for the Boeing tour well that was amazing and something else. After being there so long it's probably all too familiar .........

Enjoy retirement

Attachments

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Ralph, I retire about 4 and a half years ago. Soon discovered one regret. Why the hell didn't I do it sooner. I could have. Be prepared for lots of " can you do this for me? " stuff. But then you can always be to busy resting to do it. Enjoy yourself.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts