Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Furniture Room Table Wood Interior design

Around this time of year, the “new year, new you” trend is in full swing. Instead of trying to reinvent yourself, though, why not try starting some brand-new projects with your router? The new year is a perfect break point from what you’ve been working on previously, and if you find yourself in a rut then a new project might be just what you need to get you back into the swing of things. Rerouting the New Year with New Projects
What upcoming projects are you planning on doing?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
maintaining retired status...

·
Premium Member
20,438 Posts
My big projects are all around converting our senior group meeting hall into a theater. Platform, flats, a bit more theatrical lighting, finishing up our sound system so it's idiot proof are current projects. Have a frame in the works with some "rope" trim that needs something to save it. The stain changed somehow and turned from a medium warm to deep charcoal gray. It's a two-toned frame and I'm thinking of adding an edge of some sort to stained to match the rope trim, so it doesn't look quite so much like a mistake.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
The Triple-B Project...

Buy a house
Build a nice big shop
Buy more tools...

Reactions: Admin

·
Administrator
David
3,976 Posts
Most of my projects are small but I have many planned. I just started a presentation box for a custom built knife and I'll show it here soon. I'll be branching out on some CNC projects but y'all will never see them if they don't work as planned. :grin: And I'm getting back on the 2nd guitar to see if I can finish it in the next 6-8 months.

David

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
For right now, most put on the back burner, so I can start on making a camper out of my "new" 1997 Dodge extended top van, the one with seven foot of headroom. Hehehe

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm supposed to be making a kitchen island, but she keeps changing her mind about what she wants in it. Right now she wants so much storage space in it that the resulting island will almost consume the entire kitchen floor. I'm about to just start building what I want and let her deal with it after I push it into the kitchen. It won't be anywhere near that big, but you will be able to walk around it and it will have wheels with brakes, so she can move it if more open floor space is needed for something. My design id 26" X 54". Her design is rapidly becoming the same numbers, but in feet.

Charley

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Eventually a new night stand, computer and printer stand, new entertainment center. Also new shelves and new power wheelchair-proof doors that open 170° for my kitchen floor level cabinets.

Maybe find a new companion similar to the one who is my current avatar, RIP

·
Registered
329 Posts
1. Finish paying off my new house, (in just a few months).
2. Finally build a real workshop.
3. Put the past behind me...
4. Build some house projects, small furniture pieces.
5. Truly start to enjoy my life, family, and good friends.

Not too shabby

·
Registered
Paul
2,008 Posts
I want to build some basement storage cabinets, much like kitchen ones only not as fancy. That's gonna have to wait until the weatherman starts talking nicely to me.

·
Registered
Mike
3,836 Posts
For right now, most put on the back burner, so I can start on making a camper out of my "new" 1997 Dodge extended top van, the one with seven foot of headroom. Hehehe
We want to see pictures and you redo your van.

·
Registered
Mike
3,836 Posts
Rehang the shop doors again so they don't drag when they are opened.
Finish cutting down some trees that I topped to get them out of my internet sight line. I'll have to see if there any pieces I want to keep for turning projects in a few years. Add the rest to my rabbit habitat.
Get extra autos fixed up and sold.
This is for Rick "Get the insulation out of the storeroom and install it in my shop"
Rebuild front porch and put railings up on the back deck.
Put up a fence for the dogs.

Also I want to get some shop time for my project designs that just keep building up on my computer.

Reactions: TenGees

·
Registered
Steve
1,760 Posts
Build a new coffee table, buffet, storage cabinet, blanket chest....... Oh! What do *I* want to do? Sorry, I thought this list was "what does my wife want me to do"

Heh.

Those are my new projects, and I'll get to try new things while doing it. That's why I built the router table and put a new router in it, and bought a nailgun too for bits 'n' bobs.

A year to learn is my aim. And if I'm honest, I find it invigorating.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
We want to see pictures and you redo your van.
I want to see pictures too. I had Polaroid Instant Memories on my laptop, to unload pictures from my camera. Camera takes great pictures, but the laptop apparently swallowed my software, and can't unload pictures anymore. Still working on the problem.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts