Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: kp91

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
We already have the small towers in our rural area. My neighbors are using them. One gets his internet from one tower and the other one shoots a different tower because he doesn't have line of site on the closer tower. I have direct satellite internet. They have more problems with weather than I do. Mine is also faster.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Mike,

What provider do you have?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Mike,

What provider do you have?
Exede. I have upgraded from an older WildBlue account. I have also upgraded the package because we have a granddaughter, her husband and two great granddaughters living with us and they think they need to use the internet for everything including on line gaming and TV.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
I hear thatt, Mike! I'm totally fed up with being overcharged for the cr*p that passes for content on the 600+ channels that our cable provider supplies. I can count on one hand the channels that we watch, all of them available online.
I'm in the middle of running a cable from the router (no, not my Boschs) to a new 4K LG TV. The money I'll save in two years will have paid for the TV and left some on the table.
Pretty sure the Cable provider knows whats coming down the pipe as they're all getting really competitive...read stealing clients.
The competition:
https://www.telus.com/en/bc/deals/h...eals_Free49tv&linktype=deals_and_bundles_card

·
Registered
Theo
6,938 Posts
Not a clue what all that stuff is. And, in truth, can't say I really care. As long as I can get on the internet, that is all I actually want/need. I seldom play games (just things like Clay Kitten Shooting, Kill Barney, Battle Chess, etc.), I don't gamble, basically just forums and google. As long as I can do that, nothing to complain about.

Reactions: harrysin

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I hear thatt, Mike! I'm totally fed up with being overcharged for the cr*p that passes for content on the 600+ channels that our cable provider supplies. I can count on one hand the channels that we watch, all of them available online.
I'm in the middle of running a cable from the router (no, not my Boschs) to a new 4K LG TV. The money I'll save in two years will have paid for the TV and left some on the table.
Pretty sure the Cable provider knows whats coming down the pipe as they're all getting really competitive...read stealing clients.
The competition:
https://www.telus.com/en/bc/deals/h...eals_Free49tv&linktype=deals_and_bundles_card
WOW, Dan,that is a bargain. Wonder if they have anything like that here.
Herb

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
The link I posted is to our tel and cell provider; our internet and cable is a different company. The latter wants me to bring my tel business to them, ie bundled everything, and pretty pushy about it too.
My attitude is more like why don't I take our TV/internet business over to the guys that already have our tel/cell business and are offering way better pricing.
I already had to give up my much loved Moto Razr flip phone because when the Tel company upgraded to 4G, they couldn't do anything with the builtin SIMM card. Now I've got this unloved Alcatel flip phone that they gave me instead.
Wifey converted to a Samsung smartphone...

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
The competition:
Actually I watch over the air TV and don't miss the high satellite TV charges. One thing for people to remember is if you don't have unlimited internet service then TV and on line gaming can eat your bandwidth up in a hurry. Movies should always be downloaded in the lowest resolution the TV will display well. If your TV is 720p then downloading movies and such at 1080p or 4k is just wasting bandwidth.

Reactions: DaninVan
1 - 18 of 18 Posts