Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After browsing this site for a day, I'm not so sure I really know the answer to that? :)

I just got my very first router . . . the Triton 2¼. I thought I'd do some learnin' on the internet, and came across this forum. I've got a couple straight bits for it and have ordered a big set of MLCS bits to get started.

I think I'll be looking into making a dado jig first since my table saw leaves a little to be desired.

This looks like a great forum . . . glad to be here.

-Brian

·
2,392 Posts
ytsejamr said:
After browsing this site for a day, I'm not so sure I really know the answer to that? :)

I just got my very first router . . . the Triton 2¼. I thought I'd do some learnin' on the internet, and came across this forum. I've got a couple straight bits for it and have ordered a big set of MLCS bits to get started.

I think I'll be looking into making a dado jig first since my table saw leaves a little to be desired.

This looks like a great forum . . . glad to be here.

-Brian
Hi Brian!

W e l c o m e . . A b o a r d !!​

Here is a recent thread on Dado Jigs:
http://www.routerforums.com/jigs-fixtures/4371-details-dado-jig-please.html

I'm glad you, at least, know what a router is! I was wondering, before I read your post! :) :D

Enjoy! ... and ask all of the questions you have...
The ONLY stupid question is the one NOT asked... :D

BTW, I think you got yourself a very good router!
If you don't have a router table, take a look at the Oak Park table building kits they have (see link at top of page)... it's a good deal & way to go.

If you're short on shop space, here is a very good alternative table:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/SkillsAndTechniques/SkillsAndTechniquesArticle.aspx?id=28007

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I was browsing that one yesterday.

I am thinking about a router table of course. I think I'd like to make the base cabinet and buy a table top and fence. The Oak Park table looks pretty good.

The Triton seemed to be getting some good reviews. I figure it should last a long time. At least until I get a new one to dedicate to the table. ;) :)

-Brian

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hello Brian and welcome to the RouterForums. Your header will grab some attention. I think you will find a wealth of info here and a friendly membership willing to assist you when ever possible. Like Joe says, if you have a question or doubts - ask.

·
2,392 Posts
ytsejamr said:
Thanks for the link. I was browsing that one yesterday.

I am thinking about a router table of course. I think I'd like to make the base cabinet and buy a table top and fence. The Oak Park table looks pretty good.

The Triton seemed to be getting some good reviews. I figure it should last a long time. At least until I get a new one to dedicate to the table. ;) :)

-Brian
Very good Brian...

The Oak Park table TOP kit,
http://us.oak-park.com/catalogue.html?list=BYOT--
is currently ON SALE... the NICE thing about it, is it's predrilled for the jigs & fixtures that they also sell... For example, I really like the Spacer Fences for making boxjoints... I had to fiddle, and fiddle to things just right before I drilled my holes... With this table top, all I would have to do is bolt them on to the exact spot they want to be!
Their quality is second to none... SUPER!

BTW, it also comes with plans for the complete table...

Later...

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Welcome Brian. You did get a good router. I have been using a Triton 2 1/4 for a while now and it is a great tool. You said something about getting another router for table use... I don't know if you knew it or not but the Triton is made specifically for use on a table.
Have fun and be safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts