Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what type (style and dimension) of bit I should use for my use case here:

-I need to make A LOT of these cuts so I need to do them in one pass, with a quick feed rate
-The cuts need to be consistently very accurate
-The boards (red oak) range from 28in to 60in long (if that matters)
-This is the router I'll be using

(this is a redesigned version from my previous post)

Rectangle Wood Grey Font Couch

Rectangle Product Slope Wood Wall

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I see several choices. Your second illustration shows one: a straight bit And fence properly adjusted in a router table. This solution is probably the most straightforward.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see several choices. Your second illustration shows one: a straight bit And fence properly adjusted in a router table. This solution is probably the most straightforward.
I'm considering an up or downcut bit instead of a straight bit - this is the main question really.

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
I would use a small dado stack and bury it in a sacrificial fence so only 1/8s is exposed. Then run the stock through. Fast and easy.

On a router table, I'd use a simple cutter of fair size, with only 1/8th protruding past the fence. The trick will be to use a backer block to avoid tearout. I'd run it through twice to make sure the cut was perfectly flat through the entire length of the piece. Use of featherboards would help one pushing the piece toward the fence, the other on the fence, pressing the piece down.

·
Official Greeter
19,988 Posts
Thanks for the update. Your original post made it seem as if you wanted the curved ends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts