Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy sure stated off like wow and what happened.

Ive been away but i must confess i do spend a bit of time on my JET 14*42 lathe (all bowl work) i real get caught up in it, to the point that my wife says that i am no longer doing anymore projects with the other machines in the shop.
What the heck we all love it so go for it.
roy :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I was going to ask the same thing Roy. Corey and Bob N. whisked me over here and then it is like things shut down. Well maybe the long weekend. I am going to post a new one here as I just got home from Denver and Woodcraft.

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Hey Roy......

We are all still here.... just waiting to see some pictures of your beautiful turnings ;) I have seen some of your flat work and can only dream of what you have turned on that 1442. It is one nice lathe and one I will be looking at if and whe I add a full size lathe to my shop.

And for Bernie.... we are here just keeping an eye on you :cool:

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Hi Bob, not much to show really, work up to this point has been pretty much just rough work. I have removed all the door, window and floor trim, pulled down the upper cabinets and textured and painted the ceiling. Doesn't look much different then when I started 3 weeks ago or so. I ran into a problem trying to hang a ceiling light when the hot wire broke off and left a shorty. Waiting for an electrician to come and fix that. Next is texturing the walls and getting it ready for paint and knocking out the window and replacing. I will post photos then probably. I am tired of it already, got a long way to go!

Corey

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Corey

Here's tip on the short wire.. :)

1st. turn off the breaker for the line.
Remove the box, some are nailed and some have screws holding them in.
(if it's nailed , pry it out just a bit and get your vise gribs on it and then pry on them to get the nail out.)
Push the box up or pull it down a bit so you can see if the line is stapled to a stud if so remove the staple and see if you can pull just a bit more wire to the box most of the time you can :) if not remove the wires from the box now pull the wire down just a bit and get a new outlet box (plastic)push the wires into it and get a new wire set of 3 wires about 2 ft long (wihite/black/green or plane copper) push them in the outlet box and wire nut them then put a cover on it and then push it back in the hole then let the new wires hang down now push the wires into the box for the light box/fixtures screw it back in place and rehang the light fixture. :)
Now would be a great time to put in a 2 x 4 to hang the light fixture on or you can pickup a remodel kit also.

Bj :)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Corey

Your Welcome
"sparky stuff" I like it,,,, LOL,,,,,, :)
"What one man can do a nother man can do also"... :)
It's safe as long as long as the breaker is off...but it's always nice to have a mate to do it for you. :) I love to stand by and use my finger and point and say fix that too bud, I do it to my son all the time :) :) :)....and my boss will say put that finger away NOW and leave him alone... :) he will get it done without your help :) ,he's a electrician also.

Bj :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.