Reactions: swarfmaker

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
His last activity was 07-27.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
I will call and check on him when he wakes up.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
I'm sorry to say that Harry has come down with the shingles again. He is just miserable and spending most of his time in bed. He had just dropped off his PC to have it worked on when this struck. Please do not send him messages or mail since he couldn't see them or answer if he wanted to. Please post your comments in this thread so he can view them when he is feeling better. I will check on his progress and keep you all informed. :(

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
Well dang I'm sorry to hear this Mike . I had no idea he was fighting with shingles ,and I heard it's not very pleasant . Hope Harry gets better soon

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,354 Posts
Get well soon Harry.

Reactions: swarfmaker

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If it's not one thing it's another. Sorry to hear about this Harry, get back to feeling yourself again soon.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
I look forward to the wit, humor, and knowledge returning.

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
My wife is dealing with Shingles. She wants the vaccine, but you have to be outbreak free for a couple of years before getting it. You'll probably be better by the time you read this.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Thanks Mike for offering an answer to this, as Harry is certainly a vital part of this group! I wasn't too worried and just had assumed he was out on a bungee-jumping excursion...

Shingles ain't for sissies, I've been told. Hopes and prayers for Harry's comfortable return!

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Thanks Mike for offering an answer to this, as Harry is certainly a vital part of this group! I wasn't too worried and just had assumed he was out on a bungee-jumping excursion...

Shingles ain't for sissies, I've been told. Hopes and prayers for Harry's comfortable return!

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia
Your right, Otis. It "ain't for sissies". It can be extremely painful and sometimes last for months or even years.

Get well, Harry. We DO miss you!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Get well, Harry...If the doctor has a sale on Lyrica, jump on it...

Looking forward to your painless return...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having more health issues Harry. I wish a speedy recovery for you.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
All the best for a speedy and complete recovery Harry. I had a mild bout several years ago and the pain was excruciating. After recovery I went for the vaccine and fortunately "knock on wood" (sorry had to throw that phrase in) I've not had a recurrence.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Not good! I've had shingles twice - at nineteen and at sixty-nine, Left a corneal scar which I cannot see through. I have never in my life had a greater pain. I always know what a #10 pain is when the doc asks me to compare a current pain on the scale. I wish you the best. Keep on trucking. Roy

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
Not good! I've had shingles twice - at nineteen and at sixty-nine, Left a corneal scar which I cannot see through. I have never in my life had a greater pain. I always know what a #10 pain is when the doc asks me to compare a current pain on the scale. I wish you the best. Keep on trucking. Roy
Your scaring the hell out of me Roy . I'm seriously considering paying the 300 bucks for the vaccine at the pharmacy

1 - 20 of 52 Posts