Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused::DI am new to this, I have used a router before to make a cupboard and doors but now I wish to increase my capability and need your advice.

So, I want a table that has an integral router, I am in the UK - what would be a good starter.

Thanks

Paul

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Hello Paul, welcome to the forum.

What router did you use on the cupboard and doors? You may be able to build a simple table for that router.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alternative: making a table

James

I have a cheap (black & decker) router plus bits.

I do have a wooden table (1400 x 600) that I intend to use as a work bench. If I knew the components of a router table it is possible I could convert it, but I would need a new router etc.

However, I saw a bench top table on ebay (it is £125) that had an inbuilt motor and, I think, a circular saw (see attached).

So it is a matter of time and trouble, balanced against the satisfaction of making one myself - what do you think

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
+1 for the paulk ultimate workbench.
Mine gets a lot of use with the track saw but at this stage, although I allowed for the router mount when I built the workbench, I haven't mounted the router as I've opted to build a router table.
Having a useable router table would be a great help in my making a router table so I might go ahead and cut out the top of my workbench.:)

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Hello Paul welcome to the forum

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum Paul.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
router fence

Was watching Chris Tribe's videos, and note he made a slot of ~ 40mm in the centre of the fence - what is this for?

And thank you all for your welcome, can't wait to get started, and

You have convinced me top build my own router table by converting a good solid table I have

Paul :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts