Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Hi, Adrian.
Is the Hitachi a used M12V? That's an older model. It was replaced by the M12V2. Either way the M12V is a solid router. I have one dedicated to one of my router tables. I'm very satisfied with the performance. I cannot give a comparison to the Freud. All I can tell you is the Hitachi M12V is a good machine & would not disapoint if you went that way with your purchase..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Hitachi is new but €400!! quite a lot of money but tools are expensive here. I will probably go with the hitachi. I just wanted to see what you guys thought...
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
WOW, 548.oo US dollars, you can get them in the states for 150.oo bucks. that run on the 110 volts.
I will say I have both and I like the Freud over the Hitachi,you can get the 2000 for about the same price in the states..

http://www.reconditionedsales.com/
http://www.reconditionedsales.com/Routers___c362.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/Freud-FT2000E...f=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1267028855&sr=1-11

==========

The Hitachi is new but €400!! quite a lot of money but tools are expensive here. I will probably go with the hitachi. I just wanted to see what you guys thought...
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you Yanks have it easy. I can never get over how cheap things are there!!
So you think the freud is a good bet also..thats good to hear..thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Adrian,
I am now pretty well set on a Hitachi as my first router. Just wanted to let you know, I've read a lot of reviews about it in the past 24 hours, and people who own it can't seem say enough good things about its quality. On Amazon, I compared the Hitachi reviews with the Freud reviews, and to be honest, Hitachi comes out ahead, and it's a lot less expensive than the Freud. Just thought I would share with you that I have been doing my homework as well, and can't seem to find anything that compares with the Hitachi. Most people claim its quality is as good as, and a couple even say it's better than a Porter Cable router, but for a lot less money. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Adrian,
I am now pretty well set on a Hitachi as my first router. Just wanted to let you know, I've read a lot of reviews about it in the past 24 hours, and people who own it can't seem say enough good things about its quality. On Amazon, I compared the Hitachi reviews with the Freud reviews, and to be honest, Hitachi comes out ahead, and it's a lot less expensive than the Freud. Just thought I would share with you that I have been doing my homework as well, and can't seem to find anything that compares with the Hitachi. Most people claim its quality is as good as, and a couple even say it's better than a Porter Cable router, but for a lot less money. Hope this helps.
Helps a lot..thanks very much. I still don't know but i probably will go with the Hitachi. Like you said it just seems to be the best one at the best price, well if i lived in the America or Canada it would have the best price...still cant get over how cheap tools are over there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts