Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My name is Georges G. My freinds call me Georgy This is why my user name is GeorgesG .

Ibeleive my Black & Decker plunge router RP200 Type 2 has had it , Brushes & bearings I was wondering if it is cheeper to by a new one or repair it ?
I adapted this router to a freud table top .

I live in Canada , I shop on line , and buy in store . I found the Exploded view and parts list

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Georges.

It may depend on whether you can do the repairs or if it has to be sent to the shop. I'd get a price for the parts needing replaced, then compare that to the cost of a new router. And if it would have to go into the shop for repairs, find an authorized B&D repair shop and find out what they charge. In the long run, it might be less expensive to go ahead and buy new.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Repair or Replace

A lot depends on how many parts you have to replace. If you can do the work to repair it yourself, it would probably be worth repairing. There are several places on line that have replacement parts. If you have to have it repaired by someone else, you would be better off purchasing a new one. What is your gut feeling? Do you want a new router or are you attached to this one?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Maybe a check of Craig's List or EBay will find you another of the same model cheaply - so parts can be taken from one or another. Anything other than an exact replacement may require you to make modifications to your router table, as well. Good luck,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you every one , after a studdy of your answers and a price search of my own , I concluded that it was best to buy a new one.
I paid $65 for a Black & Decker model RP 250 Plunge router .
I could repair myself "maybe" Thank you GussNemo,Big Steve, Walowan , I do not intend to trow it away. I will repair it later or sell it for parts ( the good parts that is )
Thank you Randyruth. Thank you OPG3

Happy woodworking
GeorgesG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts