Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Hi guys. I’ve used both. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. The Dewalt is easier handheld whereas the Bosch is better for depth adjustment. Power wise id say about the same. Bosch’s bearings aren’t as good either unless you rebuild with quality SKF high speed bearings like I did with mine. Just my 2 cents worth.

· Registered
29 Posts
Hi. I have another point to add or should I say router to look at. Its the Milwaukee 5618. Its 2 1/4 hp and I own it also. I love the body grip and its extremely well balanced. I have the Bosch units in my Axiom CNC machine and use them as spindles. I have 2 of them and use one for backup. If one needs repair I swap it out and rebuild it. I also had the Bosch MRC23EVSK. I have since sold it and loved it also. It has the power switch in the one knob and is very helpful for keeping balance when turning on the power. I used to do a lot of custom floor installs which required me to need several routers so I could keep the cutters installed and therefore keep consistency. I'm only telling you about the Milwaukee and other Bosch unit because I owned and still own the Milwaukee. If you have a chance to try out the Milwaukee you will see why its my favorite. The body grip keeps it extremely well balanced for use with one hand and when you do dovetails using the knobs also keep it well balanced. Also with the body grip the power switch is right there for you thumb. Give it a try if you can. I owned quite a few routers over the years. I still have the Milwaukee 5625 in my router table with lift and have used it for literally hundreds of hrs and it still runs quiet and cool. So if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

· Registered
29 Posts
No problem at all for the questions. I can't believe at how many different tools I've owned over the years. Trust me I'm not bragging. I just wish I had someone who would have told me more about which is good or bad. I've spent a lot of money and lost a lot trying to find the right tools. I would purchase the Milwaukee in a heart beat again. I actually gave my son my original body grip Milwaukee single speed a few years ago. It is still running strong and I got that one when they first came out. Only thing is single speed. I got the VS Milwaukee mainly because of the soft start and theirs is pretty nice compared to the Bosch. The Dewalt is pretty good to. I just like the fact you can hold it with one hand and have superb control over the router. You may find that the Dewalt with the spiral type adjustment isn't as accurate as the threaded Milwaukee. This is the only part of the Bosch where they out perform the others. They have a fine tuning dial which is pretty accurate. I'm only telling you this because I've owned them all except for the Festool. I hear quite a few not so good issues with them. I feel that once you buy one and spend 3x as much compared to the others you feel almost obligated to brag about it because you've spent so much on it.
Now please reach out and ask about the CNC. I definitely wish I would have done more research and talked to someone who actually owned one. Not one of my fellow woodworkers own one or do I know anyone personally that does.
Bentley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.