Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey BobandRick, you router guys,
Who designs all of your jigs/fixtures for you? Do you have a design staff or are they all your own designs? I have seen some niffty fixtures on your show. I know they had some time and thought behind them. :cool

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
Bob enjoys doing the jigs and fixtures. We have no one helping us on the preparation of the shows.

·
Registered
120 Posts
BobandRick said:
Bob enjoys doing the jigs and fixtures. We have no one helping us on the preparation of the shows.
That's the kind of reply I like.
Someone I used to work with said "If you want to find out the best way to do a job, give it to the laziest guy. He will find the easiest, most accurate way to do it without having to work hard or need to do it again"
As a lifetime toolmaker who spent most of his time on a vertical milling machine, I find jig making to be a very enjoyable way to make the work easier. I should know. Guess who used to be given new jobs to do to find out the easiest way? ;)
I have seen many intricate jigs which must have taken a long time to make.
I have always made my own without looking at others.
This way I have an open mind and can't believe how difficult other jigs look when comparing them with mine afterwards.
I had seen a finger joint jig made on NYW but as dado blades wont fit on any recent saw in Europe decided to make one for my router table.
I was pleased to see that finger joint jigs shown on a number of woodworking forums are very similar to the one I made.
Who said great minds think alike? :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
"Great minds think like '.... and I think the rest of that is "fools never differ and idiots tend to argue" ... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts