Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed to put some splines in a large Jersey Display case 36x34 inside dimension so made a spline jig for the table saw.... Ugh I should have searched "Spline Jigs for table saws" before I started. It would have saved a lot of time in the build and it would have been a better and easier jig to build and to operate...... In my pitiful defense I have been thinking about rebuilding my jigs that have the non-standard Miter runners and went with runners on the spline jig

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geez Jim this looks heavy duty ;)

The frame is heavy and will be heavier after the back and glass are added. I'm hoping it will be strong enough but not putting any money on it right now.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have made huge mirror frames - like 3' * 4' to hold heavy glass. I put 3/8" splines in the corners. After install the glass I screwed 1/4" plywood on the back in a recess that I had made. That helped to hold the frame together. It has been on the wall for 10+ years without a problem. As for cutting the splines, I cheated. I had a multi-router for cutting the slots, but a router in a table or dado blade on the table saw would have done the job. Malcolm / Kentucky / USA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts