Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
My old Craftsman is about 45 years old & it was still doing handheld jobs for me up until about 10 years ago when the depth adjusting rack & pinion crapped out. A replacement pinion also crapped out. I now use it mounted on my radial arm saw. Very handy by allowing me to machine polycarbonate bit inserts for my table insert in my router table. Great for machining circles and with a tilting table combined with the tilt capability of the saw motor produces a large variety of custom cuts.

Lee

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yup...I mount it same place as mounting the jig saw. Speaking of the jig saw, the factory drive pulley was too large making the no.of blade strokes rather slow. Installed a 1" dia. pulley speeding the thing up....much cleaner cut. Would be nice if there were a better selection of blades available that cut on the down stroke instead of on the upstroke. Always something to grumble about eh ?

Lee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.