Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dell all in one machine with win 10. It will not consistently recognize the drive that accepts the flash card with pix on it.
Any ideas from you knowledgeable folks?

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Don't have Win10, never will, but you can find a Micro$oft win 10 user forum and that should help.

Found this site which may help Windows 10 won't detect USB 2.0 flash drives [Solved] - windows 10 - Storage

You may still be able to get rid of 10 and have 7 installed by a good PC service company.

You will need to know whether the drive is set up for usb2 or 3. Be sure the drive mounts in another machine.

If you had a win 7 machine and down-graded to 10, you may be able to uninstall 10 and revert back to 7. I think you have 30 days to do so. Not a fan of Micro$oft or 10. When you go back to 7, find and install Never10.exe to prevent the update from repeating. Even after support for 7 ends in 2020, if you run a good antivirus and Malwarebytes, you will be safe online for years after Micro$oft abandons its users once again. The upgrade is not to your benefit.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have a Dell all in one machine with win 10. It will not consistently recognize the drive that accepts the flash card with pix on it.
Gene, I had the same problem...turned out to be the slot (hardware) in the computer. When I insert my sd card, I have to withdraw it a little, then it works. I thought it was windows10 but it turned out to be my computer hardware. Good Luck!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tom, thanks for the info on Never10.exe. I just used it and it's so simple. It also removes the 6GB of W10 files that uSoft put on my computer.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
I've had nothing but issues with card readers . The factory SD slot seems to have no issues though

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Faster Than a Speeeding Bullet

I've had nothing but issues with card readers . The factory SD slot seems to have no issues though
Interesting. I've been using the same Verbatim (2.0) for several years, on two different machines and it's been trouble free.
I can't imagine doing it any other way. The best part is no camera mfg's proprietary download software...and it's a Hell of a lot faster than the aforementioned camera software.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Interesting. I've been using the same Verbatim (2.0) for several years, on two different machines and it's been trouble free.
I can't imagine doing it any other way. The best part is no camera mfg's proprietary download software...and it's a Hell of a lot faster than the aforementioned camera software.
I'm pretty sure that's the same brand I threw in the garbage lol . Hate the dam things .
For some reason I had fewer issues with them when they first came out

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Betcha it wasn't the card reader causing the problems.

I download straight into Picasa and let it sort out where to file the pictures.
Picasa is a filing system not a photo manipulation program although it'll do some basic stuff.
Mostly it just keeps track of where the pics are on your HD, and all the meta data associated with them.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your help. If I stick it in and wiggle it around, it works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts