Router Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Administrator
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
'How do you keep your workshop warm in the winter'...
Cabbage and beer. Keeps visitors interrupting away as well. lol

Seriously though, if it gets cold I just leave the T12 fluorescents on; those magnetic ballasts put out a lot of heat.
Apparently NYC high rise office towers are planning to turn their lights off at night while birds are migrating. Considering that their interior heating takes the lightload heating into account, good luck with that.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I have a radiant tube heater for my shop but the air conditoner half of could be useful.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
floor radiant here and no need for AC...

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Hey y'all. I made a mistake when posting the question. It should be:

Where will you use your mini split? (garage, basement, home addition, workshop, “man cave”, etc)

Feel free to enter again, with the answer to the above question.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Would be great in the garage/workshop. Heat isn't the problem, it's the cooling but 3/4T might just do it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just what the doctor ordered, a mini-split is on my long term plans. My 24'x28' garage/shop has radiant heating in the floor, but it gets too hot in the summer. I also have a 600 sqft. loft above the shop where I work from home most days.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,782 Posts
Where will you use your mini split? (garage, basement, home addition, workshop, “man cave”, etc)

My wife's hideaway. It is a 24 x 10 foot room with lots of windows. We built it off of the master bedroom, and it has been a pain to heat and cool due to the way it is tied into the existing HVAC system.

Putting a mini split in there will restore the balance of the AC in the original system, and get rid of the surface mounted ducting we had to hang from the ceiling of my workshop.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,834 Posts
I would move my shop from the basement to the garage and install new system there at this time there is no heat or air conditioning in the garage

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Where will you use your mini split?

My garage/shop. No heater there now. In-wall AC is on its last legs. If I work there in the winter it is with coat and gloves and usually a hat to keep warm.

4D

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I would likely use the GREE Rio 9,000 in the shop, possibly the Living room. Can't convince my wife for us to get a central unit and she doesn't want a window unit hanging out the front window............. so a ductless unit is what we are looking for. I haven't heard of Gree before but they sound like a jam-up company.

November 2nd and it was 91 today and the forecast is for the mid to upper 80's the rest of the week....... I would love a Gree!

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
I'd definitely put it in my garage so I could warm my hands up as I'm installing insulation :grin:

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
I have a mini split in my insulated garage (workshop). Different model but works great. If I win this one, it will go in the bedroom, which is the farthest from the main AC unit.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I would put this unit to very good use in my garage/workshop to help combat the very hot and damp Texas summers and sometimes very cold/damp winters.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I would put it in my shop. Heat not to big a problem but Ozark summers are hot.

1 - 20 of 320 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.