Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to give a good friend a bottle of wine for his 75th birthday but somehow the brown paper bag It came in just didn't seem to fit the occasion. Then I recalled a box my neighbor built several years back for the same purpose and he pointed me to the plans for the same. The plans, MD-00529, were posted on Woodstore.net and the results are shown below. The sides are spalted maple, the ends, mahogany and the top was cherry. The feet were cut from the stave of an old wine barrel my neighbor had.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that is sweet... Friend....

Reactions: JFPNCM

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Neat project!!

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Aw, cmon Jon, least you can do is make a wine glass holder too.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike
3,842 Posts
Okay Jon, now you need to remind me, what is the present? I think I'd rather have that nice box to keep than a bottle of wine that will be gone at the end of the night.

Very nicely done.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay Jon, now you need to remind me, what is the present? I think I'd rather have that nice box to keep than a bottle of wine that will be gone at the end of the night.

Very nicely done.
Mike, good point. The box Will no doubt go on the shelf to store who knows what. As long as it stays in use, even if it gets regifted, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Very nice, Jon...your choice of woods makes the gift even more special...

·
Premium Member
20,455 Posts
I really like that bos, Joat. It is just right for a premium bottle of grape juice.Don't drink wine anymore, but a great bottle of wine completely different than the cheaper stuff. Needs to air out to get the full flavor and bouquet. Do you have some excelsior (wood shavings) to pack in with the bottle?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really like that bos, Joat. It is just right for a premium bottle of grape juice.Don't drink wine anymore, but a great bottle of wine completely different than the cheaper stuff. Needs to air out to get the full flavor and bouquet. Do you have some excelsior (wood shavings) to pack in with the bottle?
No shavings Tom but SWMBO has designed some nesting pillows that should work very well.

·
Registered
310 Posts

Very nicely done.
Maybe a keyhole slot on the bottom/ back side for wall mounting, add a glass tube like a humming bird feeder at the bottom.
Still gone at the end of the night but with a touch of fun
😉

1 - 16 of 16 Posts