Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My router stopped working one day when starting a new project. It is mounted on a Craftsman router table. On disassembly, I found that one bushing had come loose. I reinstalled the bushing but, during the removal of the cap, Some of the wire connections came apart. I hadn't noted the connections when I had the cap off initially and I am not sure now how to make the proper connections. If any members have experience with wiring this model or a similar model I would very much appreciate their advice. The wiring in the switch handle is intact. I have attached a few photos for reference.

Thanks,
George.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
see if these will help...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's been a while since I've had such stopping problems with my Porter-Cable router, and first things first I took it to pieces, just to figure out what happened. In my case it was wiring diagram, and I could just change it to another one, buy ordering it from manufacturer. You should careful when you take to pieces your wood router, just to be sure you can take back all the pieces together.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I often get sidetracked before I'm able to get parts or put it back together so I've gotten in the habit of making a diagram or taking a picture or two.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ditto on that. I often get so sidetracked that I have to resort to scanning my drawings to my computer for fear of misplacing the drawing. :wink:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Hook up the wires. If it doesn't spark or smoke, you have it correct. Stick has the answer. Good idea to scan the instructions or save the book as a document...unless it is reaaaal long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
see if these will help...

Thanks for the information Stick. I had the diagram but there is a purple wire in the photos that I am not sure about. I will go ahead with what I have now. Many thanks for the "Getting the most from your router - a very useful guide. If it works I will post photos of the wiring for others.

George.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts