Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the lower bearing on my Craftsman 315244750 router and stupidity forgot to sketch out the wiring. I have three plastic marrettes that need a home and six loose wires. Included is a sketch of the wiring and a picture of the router in question.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Any Sears tool that starts with 315. was made by Ryobi. I wasn't aware that Sears had Canadian only models.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thank You, who ever found out and posted that the (315) is Ryobi Tool, I appreciate the knowledge. I did not know this among many other things. Again Thank You. There is so much knowledge on this forum and some has nothing to do with Woodworking. I am both amazed and thankful at the same time.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Thank You, who ever found out and posted that the (315) is Ryobi Tool, I appreciate the knowledge. I did not know this among many other things. Again Thank You. There is so much knowledge on this forum and some has nothing to do with Woodworking. I am both amazed and thankful at the same time.
Moderator BrianS posted it some while back. It's part of a long list of Sears manufacturer prefixes that I kept a copy of but it's just a text file in my Wordpad and I think if I copy and paste it it will wind up being very long instead of a file you can open.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
sears product codes...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Is the 3rd wire red? And, do you have a light in the base of this router? That might be where the 3rd wire comes from. I posted pics a while back of a similar Cman router.. just haven't been able to lay my hands on them so you could compare.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Is the 3rd wire red? And, do you have a light in the base of this router? That might be where the 3rd wire comes from. I posted pics a while back of a similar Cman router.. just haven't been able to lay my hands on them so you could compare.
the 1st pic I posted is it..

Reactions: BrianS

·
Registered
159 Posts
Before getting "magic smoke"

Maybe you could open switch side and take picture or schematic of what there is there.
A simple multimeter would tell witch connections are the actual switch.
I do wonder why you got a 3 wires coming out of motor.

Maybe some turns of inductance are used as low-down transformer for the light ?

With no motor expert around , I' ll try to get original schematic from the maker of this router
or wait for someone who's got the same and be kind enought to open it for you.
Another way, if you are happy with this router is to buy the same one again.

Regards.

Gérard

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just a question. On the diagram above, on the Power Handle Cord, you have a Red, Brown and Black No. 2 at one end, and a Black, White and Red at the other end. Does the White change to Brown inside the Power Handle Cord ?

Cheers

·
Registered
95 Posts
Moderator BrianS posted it some while back. It's part of a long list of Sears manufacturer prefixes that I kept a copy of but it's just a text file in my Wordpad and I think if I copy and paste it it will wind up being very long instead of a file you can open.
That list of Sears vendor code numbers is easily found by googling something like Sears vendor code number, Sears vendor ID, etc. It is so easy to find I just do a search when I need it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
That list of Sears vendor code numbers is easily found by googling something like Sears vendor code number, Sears vendor ID, etc. It is so easy to find I just do a search when I need it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks for posting that. With Sears going out of business that could help someone to find parts for their Kenmore branded machine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.