Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with adding the Wixey on their 735 or equivalent? Based on the performance of the one on my SupperMax drum sander I'm considering adding one to my 375.

Thanks in advance.
Jon

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Jon
I have one on a DW 734 works great no problems

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you one and all for the fast comments. I certainly agree with the need to double check the measures.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Had one on my PRL-V2 router lift. Worked great as long as the battery lasted. Constantly replacing it. Finally today took the Wixey off the lift. Have one on my drum sander. works great as long as the battery lasts... *L*..Its a great product and works extremely well, but dang, I can't afford the batteries. :) Really would love to put one on my 735.......butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I still get out the calipers...

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
@TwoSkies57 The new model Wixey uses AAA batteries. Much better lifespan, and it seems to have a default off setting now. Check with them to see if you can switch over to the new model. I hate the old batteries myself. Went to dial gauges because of those stupid, constantly failing batteries.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Had one on my PRL-V2 router lift. Worked great as long as the battery lasted. Constantly replacing it. Finally today took the Wixey off the lift. Have one on my drum sander. works great as long as the battery lasts... *L*..Its a great product and works extremely well, but dang, I can't afford the batteries. :) Really would love to put one on my 735.......butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I still get out the calipers...
We use a lot of batteries and my wife buys them so all my batteries are free. >:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I put a Wixey on my Triton and love it. I also have the Wixey depth gauge to use on the table saw and the battery life is measured in minutes. I found out that if you pull the battery "drawer" out about 3/8" the battery is disconnected and it last much, much longer. It's no real trouble to push the slide in before use and pull it out afterwards.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tom's point on the "auto off" and AAA batteries is consistent with the one on my new SuperMax. I agree completely that the previous models were a royal PIA re dead batteries.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Can't remember who it was, in the past had found a source for the batteries that didn't break the bank. Are you still here?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts