Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,
I am on a fast track of this becoming addicted :), and I ran into an issue I am not sure about so I ask ???? of the more knowledgeable, that would be you folks.
I was running a program yesterday, something for my daughter, and it seemed to be doing great. Then it just 'STOPS" moving about a quarter of the way through it, not hung up, just quit sending the signal for it to run. around 30 minutes into it.
My thoughts on this:
At first I thought it was I lost internet connection, but after pondering it, everything was already in my laptop running . The internet router is about as far as it can be, on the other end of the house, from where I am in my garage.
Second I am thinking like right now this laptop is possibly defaulted to go to sleep, shut down, etc., after say 30 minutes` or so. Will check that in a couple minutes !
I still in the very basics of the learning stages, but my life long experience, running big equipment is pushing me forwards, instead of saying I can't figure this out.
I was let's say a terrible person, vicious temper, filthy mouth, I could go on and on. The people close to me remember that younger me I garrantee you they do. A very long time ago I started reading the '"RED" letters in the bible, and over a period of time, reading the bible has changed me, i promise you it has, I feel driven to share this not only in my new addiction carving "Jesus is Lord/ flip it over scripture on the other side". i think this is just the begining too. I am excited about it all.
Yesterday AM I had shared a few pictures of some of my new found hobby with the guys I work with, like I say it excites me, even in my old age ,:). A little while later this older guy came up to me, kind of a whispering voice and just said, "Maybe you should carve something else ",, he turned and walked away.
I thought about what he said, and the way he said it since then, and it makes me ;). I am on the right path in my old age, Jesus is Lord, the scriptures are very real and true. The dust boot I ordered for my makita router came yesterday afternoon, and fits perfectly. I am figuring this stuff out slowly but surely, fixing to enclose this dust making, noise creating machine in a few days, and it excites me even the more as I get farther into it, :).:).
will stop babbling :) ,
You all have a very safe, and blessed weekend,
Ray

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Possibly figured this out on my own. The setting default had it going to sleep after 15 minutes. Big tech was thinking about us were they, possibly they people the people in their lectures falling out of their chairs asleep after 15 minutes of their babbling ;).
we will see if this helps the stopping issue,,, the program I was running was just going to take 4 hours and 35 minutes,, that is more sleep than I get during the week before I go to work, most of the time,,, I don't think I can caffeine this machine up to run longer,,
Still any suggestions and all advice is greatly appreciated,
Be blessed, go carve something,
Ray

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't know your set up, so I can't know why having an internet connection or not could be causing your problem. The PC that I use to drive my CNC does not have internet connection at all.
You may well have found the problem yourself, though. In windows, make sure that all the power saving measures are turned off - no sleep, no hibernation, no power down. This is especially critical for the USB ports. You need to look for them specifically in windows as the preset power levels do not touch them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know your set up, so I can't know why having an internet connection or not could be causing your problem. The PC that I use to drive my CNC does not have internet connection at all.
You may well have found the problem yourself, though. In windows, make sure that all the power saving measures are turned off - no sleep, no hibernation, no power down. This is especially critical for the USB ports. You need to look for them specifically in windows as the preset power levels do not touch them.
I love my brand spanking new sweepy dust boot on my makita router, even though the table saw is like a dust storm without the shop vac hooked up on it. It looks cool as well.
Back to my stopping issue,, I believe what you said and what I was thinking earlier was the issue,,,, and maybe, just maybe I being brand new at this stuff should not be running a nearly 5 hour program ,,, ;)
I also found out through trail and error I have to got to get these pieces of wood the very best I can,,, boss lady, my wife wont let me buy real wood til I quit making crooked stuff. even if it is like a 16th of an inch. I am learning, I am phycotic patient as well looking at doing really cool stuff,, mistakes are part of the learning process.

Thank you for the help kind SIR,,
Have a very blessed day,
Ray

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had the same problem early on. I shut down any power saver, screen saver, ect. I also disconnected the PC from the internet and set Mach3 to run as administrator. I'm not sure if one or all was actually the problem. But now I can run 18+hrs no problem.

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
The longest job I've ever run on the CNC was about 45 minutes. If I were to cut that same job today it would probably be finished in 20 minutes or less. But then, I don't do 3D (or 2.5D) carvings, or haven't yet anyway.

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.