Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved a mastercraft router table and a Skil plunge router with fixed base attachment. I'm have a problem with the feeding of the wood.as I bring it across the bit (while against the fence) it starts ok but then when the end comes past the bit cave it move into the bit and screws up the straight line - why is this happening. eveytime I run a piece through the last 3 to 4 inches always goes into the bit and increases the cut depth of the work.

please help me

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
Ok lets start with what kind of router bit are you cutting with? and what kind of cut are you trying to make....molding the edges, making a rabbet joint.

Can we have a few more details.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BobandRick said:
Ok lets start with what kind of router bit are you cutting with? and what kind of cut are you trying to make....molding the edges, making a rabbet joint.

Can we have a few more details.
Thanks for the hellp guys love the show -

the cut I'm making is a simple flat cut to square up the material.
( it has got to be the easiest of cuts, right?)

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
So you have a straight bit and your cutting the edge or end to square up the material. I think your trying to do a jointer operation with a straight fence. You have exposed a small amount of the straight bit to trim the material, right. As you cut. While keeping the material tight to the in-feed side and making the cut...and as the material moves toward the out-feed side of the fence the material should be away from the fence slightly. The last few inches you get a notch in your board.

Check out this link to see the jointer operation.click this link

·
Registered
782 Posts
ALL THIS IS DONE WITH ROUTER UNPLUG i use a flush trim bit take a board that is streight and put it on the out feed and move it back on to the bit just toutching the cutting edge of the bit than take the infeed guide it should be about 1/16" back or a space between the outfeed and the infeed this is the difference from the infeed and outfeed this is what you take off of the board when you push the board thro it should just slide all the way through and no snip on the edge real smooth i use this instead of the joiner get the fence that is on the router work shop it is made for that here is the link http://us.oak-park.com/catalogue.html?list=TF01--&product=F020 i take the plastic off of the fence it get's in the way also their is just the fence also http://us.oak-park.com/catalogue.html?list=TF01--&product=F016 hope this helps del schisler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts