1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Good info in this article with the exception of the missing information that the new Bosch 1617 series fixed bases have the through the table height adjustment feature. It's nice that somebody took the time to compare all the available reviews and summarize them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I discovered Consumersearch about a year ago. I think it's better than consumer reports online...and free. I check there before I buy anything. I actually thought they were better before some corporation obviously bought them. The web pages are slicker, but a little harder to find stuff with all the links to their funding streams...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Makes me feel even better about deciding take advantage of the 200.00 deal on the 3.25 triton ;) Thanks for the link, now how about one comparing actual usage performance on hvlp and or lvlp spray guns at the 100.00 or less price point. I read an article of a guy talking about buying one because hed always wondered and figured at the 20 to 45 bucks which was the same cost as a replacement cup of his more expensive gun he could just through the gun away and wouldnt be out anything, turns out he claims the 20 dollar gun did great and didnt perform much differently than his 300+ dollar one. Not highjacking here but im in the market and cant find anything in this forum when searching lvlp guns. lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
I picked up the 2011 Tool Guide put together by Fine Homebuilding & Fine Woodworking. A very well spent $10. Porter Cable scores very well in there, as opposed to the Consumer Search review.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

·
Bargains Finder
770 Posts
Yeh, I wouldn't put too much faith in a 3 yr old article from a group of guys who really aren't woodworkers. Their only looking at statistical information rather than real woodworking stats that truly need to be addressed when comparing products,lotta hyperbole to me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yeah yeah, you just couldnt let us stay happy with the triton special eh! ;)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I love my Craftsman Model 315.275110 router, now i am limited to a 1/4" shank size since the 1/2" collet broke where the cuts are at.
PART NUMBER: 974252-005
Part number for a collet for that router from Sears Parts Direct. Only thing is they list two part numbers and the other one is no longer available. The description doesn't indicate whether it is 1/2" or 1/4".:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts