Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I teach high school art. I need several scraps of wood for a sculpture assignment. Small (less than 8" in any direction) pieces of molding are ideal. Please reply if you know of a source. Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Hi Belle and welcome to the forum.

You should be able to pick up scraps about anywhere. Cabinet shops, construction sites, mill works and sometimes cruse the neighborhood a couple of hours before the trash truck runs to see what is set out for pick up.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Belle

Just one more spot,,,because you teach high school art, I would suggest one of the many frame shops,I almost sure they will give you a box or two for free...

The pictures frame shops are all over the place as I'm sure you know..:) just about every shopping center has one..

=========

I teach high school art. I need several scraps of wood for a sculpture assignment. Small (less than 8" in any direction) pieces of molding are ideal. Please reply if you know of a source. Thanks

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the router forum.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Welcome aboard to bad you don't live in Suffolk County ,N.Y. We have a place that schools have accounts with for school projects. They have wood there that I could not buy cheeper any where.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts