Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working with a local engraver to design and market drink coasters. We are thinking cork or felt backed wood.
Anyone have a suggestion for where we can source thin woods, maybe 1/4" to 3/16" thick.
Also need a source for cork (with or without sticky since we can use 3M 77 or 90 to attach it to the wood.)

Thanks

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
?...why wouldn't you just rip and plane (thickness) your own material from rough cut stock? Or, if you don't have the equipment, get a small millwork shop to do you a bunch? Or a serious hobby woodworker to do it for you? (MT Stringer pops to mind! ;) )

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm working with a local engraver to design and market drink coasters. We are thinking cork or felt backed wood.
Anyone have a suggestion for where we can source thin woods, maybe 1/4" to 3/16" thick.
Also need a source for cork (with or without sticky since we can use 3M 77 or 90 to attach it to the wood.)

Thanks
Don't know about in the US, but here you can get rolls of thin cork (1/16" or 1/8") from model shops. It's used for something in model railway layouts.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
?...why wouldn't you just rip and plane (thickness) your own material from rough cut stock? Or, if you don't have the equipment, get a small millwork shop to do you a bunch? Or a serious hobby woodworker to do it for you? (MT Stringer pops to mind!
)
I don't have a bandsaw that would work to resaw. Nor the time. I'm trying to outsource all parts of this project.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.