Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hunting for hints and tips on cutting wooden clock gears as well as looking for plans and patterns for wooden clocks. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hi John, welcome to the forum.

I just googled "wooden gears clock plans" and found an abundance of information and kits. My son and I have cut a clock out on our old CNC but did not have too much success, there was a lack of accuracy.

I do have the cutting file if you have access to V Carve and a CNC router. If not I think if you use google you will find what you want.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello John, Thanks for the welcome and advice. I have looked at Google and found plans and patterns available for sale but as I am a bit of a tight a**** I have been looking for some free bees with no luck. Looks as though I'll have to put my hand in my pocked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wooden gears

I am hunting for hints and tips on cutting wooden clock gears as well as looking for plans and patterns for wooden clocks. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
check out scrollsaw woodworking and crafts spring 2011 issue can't go wrong for$6.95 come's with patterns good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tom. I do actually have the pattern from that issue and have started to sorce the timber etc. It doesn't look to easy even though it states that it is recommended for beginner level. I'll give it a go.
Thanks again for your post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts