Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
I am Abdalhady from KSA :) ..

Firstly thank you for your works and time.

Please, i finally built my 2m*1.3m 3-axis wooden cnc router and takes about 1 year :) :) because most parts and electronics arent available in my city.

My problem is in the Y-axis more, unlike Z-axis ,, the problem is that the y axis gantry is budging/tilting back and forth for about 1 cm causing 1- the Ball Screw to move hard and 2- stepper motor giving sound like (RRR RRR RRR)<< i think this happen because of the torque. All these problems happens I think because of the weight of spindle motor (5Kg) and weight of Z-axis (about 1.5kg)

Also when i moved the 3 axis from Mach3, i observed the Y-axis tilting again left and right in the first 3 steps just.

Please anybody have any idea ?? I tried alot of things to eliminate these two problems but it seems stubbornness :) :) ...

Thank you very much for your work and time.

Have a nice day.
Best Regards

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,510 Posts
Welcome to the forum . I'd post a video as it may help identify the problem better.

If the balls screw were unattached from the gantry , would the gantry move smoothly by hand . Sure sounds like a binding issue in your rails

·
Super Moderator
John
6,935 Posts
Abdalhady it's great to meet you and have you as a member of our community, welcome! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello DearRainMan1,
Thank you for your help really appreciate it.

ok i will do soon :) sorry.

Yes if its unattached it can move very smooth by hand. when attached it can move smooth by hand in clock wise direction , but counter clock wise not << i dont know why one direction smooth and the other not.

i tried to check for bending by unattaching the bearing block which fixes the ballscrew, it seems very well and no bend there.

thank you man.
i will post a video soon.
Thanks again

----------

Hello dear Semipro,

ohh thank you very much , i am happy to meet pro people like you guys ... thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some problem is solved by unscrewing the alu below the Z carriage, it was too tighten.

But the tilting is not solved,, i think the problem of tilting is from the linear bearing itself as its have small play because the inside cage has small gap between the outer cage..

thanks.
Best Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts