Router Forums banner

Wooden hinges

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Charel09 
#1 ·
I'm having my first attempt at making wooden hinges using an incra jig on my router table. I'd welcome any hints or tips on this or any other method.

#3 ·
Welcome Geoff. I am assuming that you are going to use the Incra Hinge jig. I love the idea of using wooden hinges. I have made two sets of hinges, but did not use the jig. They turned out fine. Post some pictures and let us know how the Incra hinge jig worked.

Don

#4 ·
Hello Geoff , glad you found us, it's great to have you as a member of the community, welcome to Router Forums.

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum Geoff. You could try searching this forum for older posts on those. I recall our late member Bobj3 posting on making them at least once.

#10 ·
I had the urge to make wooden hinges but couldn't justify the cost of an Incra jig (short arms and deep pockets I have :lol:) so I made one out of bits and pieces found at work.

Here
http://www.routerforums.com/jigs-fixtures/46178-wooden-hinge-drilling-jig.html

Not pretty but works well. Machining the wood accurately seems to be the most critical part but well worth the effort.

Have fun making them and don't forget to post some pics of your results.

Regards
Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.