Router Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to my first woodworking show today. I really did not know what to expect. I was hoping for the best since I had driven 3 hours. The show opened at 12:00 and I got there about 12:30. The first clue that this was going to be a good one was when I discovered all paved parking spots were already filled. I parked on the grass, went inside $1 off coupon in hand and bot my ticket for $9. There were tons of exhibitors demonstrating all manner of power tools and hand clamps. There were at least 3 router demonstrations on dovetail joinery and 2 more on making raised panel doors. There were a good half dozen sit down shows.

Lots of companies selling name brand router bits and one New York company selling fell of the back of a truck brand bits.

Now most of these demos required power. I state this seemingly obvious fact because about 1:30 the power went out. It did not come on until about 3:15. It was kind of funny watching all the demonstrators telling how their product would work if they had power.

Anyway I stayed until 6:00 and spent way more money than was budgeted and I could have spent a lot more.

Bottom line these shows are to be recommended. A few threads down is a list of shows put on by the promoter of this show.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.