Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Sounds like a great idea to me. Although I would probably make it a sub forum of an already existing forum. I would gladly set this up if you can provide me with the title and description of this new forum

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Mark, other sites have a calendar section. I think a thread under this news forum is the right place for information of upcoming events.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
New thread: January 2K7 shows and events
This simple thread informs members of all items for the month. This has the advantage that events can be added at any time, even with short notice or after the fact without effecting other months postings. This can also be used as a reference to when a tool or product is released and for reviews of an event. No muss, no fuss.
Go ahead and run with this RMaxa.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure how this should be organized. I found four pages of events for january 2007 on the Woodcraft website. I'm sure I can find more information in other areas. Do I cut and paste the information, do I just attached the link. what about other sources. Should it be titled by month, what about overlapping months. I guess I have more questions then answers at this point.

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
I would say paste the information so users don't have to visit an external source for the information. Also, I would probably say categories it by month. For example, I will create an "Events" forum. In the events forum you could create a thread with the title like:

December 2006 Events

and in that thread index all the events. I'll be sure to moderate it, or I can set you as moderator of that specific forum, you tell me what you would prefer.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure how this will work, can we try some information. Some of the website break it out by location more then by month. If you think it will be interesting to the readers we can go the next step.

What do you think? :confused:

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, although I think it could become very cuttered if we organise it by that. It would probably require a sub-forum for tech location or a thread. Then again, we could setup a sub-forum for the general topic like so:

WoodWorking Events
---- Jan 2006
---- Feb 2006
---- March 2006
---- Jan 2006
---- Feb 2006
---- March 2006
etc..

Then in each month sub-forum there will be the threads listed.

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
Why don't we use our new software and do a blog on the national woodshows as well? rmaxa would you be interested in running this blog? Maybe we can get members to attend the shows and give us a summary of each show. Anybody interested?

I would like to use my audio blog to conference in a routerforums member with cell phone in Wood Show. If anybody is interested in doing this kind of thing Privite message me at BobandRick.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Just a SnapShot of the Woodworking Shows zip file, for a quick view.

Bj :)

Attachments

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,960 Posts
Went to the Baltimore show today, first time I've ever gone to that venue (2 hours to get there, 3 hours to get back in traffic.....)

Bunch of great displays from area woodturners, exotic wood groups, etc. Fun to see what the tools in my shop are supposed to be able to do....

Woodline USA had a big display, they were showing off their new dovetail pattern set, lots of shapes for $180. They also had a spacer fence system that looks like the Oak park one I bought way back when, and for the same price.

Legacy woodworking had their new ornamental mill on display. (Primarily the reason I went, to check it out) I was always amazed at what the big legacy could do, but couldn't imagine a home shop justifying the expense. The new Revo does a whole bunch, and is pretty well priced.

Dewalt, Delta and Porter Cable, and Steel City tools all had their big machines out on display, nothing too earthshattering to report there. It was also fun to watch Incra and Jointech demonstrate the fancy work their machines could do.

Lots of good deals, Freud and Forrest had some good sales going, and the bargain guys were selling router bits as low as $4. lie-neilsen was there with their goodies, and I admit that they have some awesome hand-planes, but for those prices they should come with power cords......

Almost bought a stationary sander, but the thought of lugging all 60 lbs of it all the way to where my truck was parked wasn't worth the $25 savings......

Didn't have a whole lot of time to spend at the expo, but it looks like this show is as good as all the previous ones I've gone to in Chantilly, Va.

If you don't go for the deals, at least go and see what's available.

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
rmaxa said:
Mark, sorry it took me so long to put something together. Between the holidays and problems with my PC I was not able to do anything. Let me know what you think about the attachment. :rolleyes:
Thanks for sharing. I think we should setup a method of sharing these events to the public. I was considering a forum, although I'm not sure how I want to organise it yet.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like the idea of sharing information by the members of the forum on the events or shows. I'm not sure if that would be better suited in a Blog or forum format. I not up on blogging, but I can give it a try.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.