Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody,

I have been asked to post pictures of my workbench and here they are. The pictures posted are before, during and after pictures. As you can see I haven't installed the drawers yet like the ones on the plans. Here's the web address for the plans ---> http://plansnow.com/wwrkbnch.html

The workbench is not all that like some of the other workbenches you've seen with the bench dog holes and stuff but it works for me! :D Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
I can't control the drooling very nice Boricua really came together for you. Like the draws in it makes it easier to find the tool you mostly use on the bench. Now do be putting any scratchs on that nice new shiney top. :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Heh, only problem I see is a severe lack of sawdust. Dunno how you pulled that one off. You must have one of them automagic robot vaccum cleaner things. Only two pictures with any sawdust in them -- and then it's stacked up into nice neat piles... :confused: Nothing at all like my shop/workbench.

·
Registered
26 Posts
looks great Sam!! thats a fine bench. Maybe it will help to put a fire under my behind and finish mine. I still need to build a base. My top is bolted to an old folding lab table from a school auction.

·
Retired Moderator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim-Iowa said:
looks great Sam!! thats a fine bench. Maybe it will help to put a fire under my behind and finish mine. I still need to build a base. My top is bolted to an old folding lab table from a school auction.
Thanks. Oh, that's interesting, I didn't know you didn't have a base for yours. Yeah, go for it. Build yourself a base. They're pretty sturdy. And fun to build too. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sam I Am said:
Thanks. Oh, that's interesting, I didn't know you didn't have a base for yours. Yeah, go for it. Build yourself a base. They're pretty sturdy. And fun to build too. :D
Well er yes, that table was under a doubled 1/2" plywood top with an antique endvise that belonged to my wifes great grandfather for 20 yrs and now under this top like yours made from a solid core door with same endvise and a 10" Jet face vice for about 5 months now.
I will build a proper wood base for it but as you can see, I don`t always get in too big a hurry? :D

BTW I really like the looks of that Rockler Vise!

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is my dream table!

Hi everybody,

I have been asked to post pictures of my workbench and here they are. The pictures posted are before, during and after pictures. As you can see I haven't installed the drawers yet like the ones on the plans.

The workbench is not all that like some of the other workbenches you've seen with the bench dog holes and stuff but it works for me! :D Enjoy!
I just joined today...I found this exact plans on Friday...plansnow! Exact! I decided that I would make this as my sewing table - modifications - at least 38" and no drawers! If you see my original post...which, since I joined today is just ... one post, besides this one, you will see that I'm new, new new...saws, even hand held! I sure hope you're around for my ?? if I just tank at some point. But this is the exact table I want to make!! :dance3::dance3:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very, Very nice Sam, You will not regret making it heavy! But after the saw dust remark, I would either enclose the bottom or put drawers under it. Would add a little more weigh and one less place to collect dust! I've learned the hard way if it's open it's going to get dusty!
Besides we can't have enough drawers!
Harry
TX

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Nice job on the bench Sam. You will get many years out of this project. Sometimes a simple build is the easiest and in the long run the best.

Plansnow has some really good projects to build for beginners like myself.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Well done, good job on that. Just so you know there is this law that states "your mess is directly perportional to the space alloted". My bench or what ever it is is about 62"X62" and trust me the mess is every bit of that. Yes I do clean up all the time, but that is because in just a short while I am buried in stuff!! You done good man, real good!!!***** 5 out of 5 stars on that one.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Hey Dan,

He already has.... look at the date of the orginal post :lol::laugh::sarcastic:
Now there you go ruining it for the rest of us--man oh man

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.