Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been in my shop since shortly after Christmas. The entire month of January, I couldn't make myself go out there. No energy, gumption, whatever you want to call it. The first week of February, I went out and started a couple projects, thinking I could do something for Valentine's. Yeah-- not. Started them, then couldn't make myself go back.

Oh well. Finally made it out there this evening, and worked a little bit. I have some new patterns I want to try, but then I saw the projects I had started, so I tried to work on them a bit. The welcome signs I had cut (who knows when) also needed some sanding done. The Valentine's projects are shown. They still have a bit of a way to go, but hopefully I'll get the gumption to get out there to finish soon. The ring dishes are my first attempt, and I need to find a better technique for them. I like the designs, but have to work on the clearing out part. Trial and error. The End.

The Shop Update: Let the insulation installation begin. Our original plan of using Rockwool was changed. Long story; don't feel like going into it or debating at this point. Anyway, We need 10 more rolls, which hopefully, I can get soon. Then to get the walls up. Still need one more sheet of the pink Styrofoam insulation for the ceiling, as well. Next big expenditure will be on all the plywood for the ceiling and walls. That won't happen until Ken goes back to work, and brings in real money.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
You did good on the 2-hearts, I like that, and the ring dishes are a clever idea, once you have them done they are going to be cool.

Don't feel bad about not going out to the shop,,I have been that way too this winter. Just a spurt here and another a few days later. Just haven't been getting into it this year yet.
Good to see the insulation getting done. A note on the walls if you are going to paint the plywood, do it before you put it up, sure beats overhead after you install it. Then it is only touch up after it is installed.
Herb

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Must be catchy. I've put off and delayed working on things for the past month too. Got til the end of May to get about 300 more pieces made over and above what sells or custom orders. Should be nice and easy if I did a few each day, but there's always something standing in the way. Will probably wait til the last minute again and then do about 3 weeks of the all day and 1/2 the night thing. You're not alone Barb!! But good show on the insulation. Somebody should take a hint.

·
Registered
508 Posts
That's a pretty sweet shop you've got - good place to hang out even if you're not making sawdust. My one-car hovel is packed to the gills but very workable and I'm making pieces for a May festival - rustic cutting boards, a couple Shaker clocks, pasta drying racks, keepsake boxes, tables and more. No time to lose!

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Must be catchy. I've put off and delayed working on things for the past month too. Got til the end of May to get about 300 more pieces made over and above what sells or custom orders. Should be nice and easy if I did a few each day, but there's always something standing in the way. Will probably wait til the last minute again and then do about 3 weeks of the all day and 1/2 the night thing. You're not alone Barb!! But good show on the insulation. Somebody should take a hint.
I’ve delayed and put off working on things for 20 years lol . This may be the year !

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
@Roy Drake

Glad to hear the good news. Love it when cancer gets beaten.

I have a fried that had his first treatment today. They think he will get better, they giving him a good prognosis.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Herb Stoops Thank You. Trying to find things I can put on a table to go with the signs. Glad I'm not alone with the workshop absenteeism. I think it was the lack of sun. They said in the entire month of January, that we only had a few hours of sun; which is the worst in recent history. according to what I heard on the local news. (At least for my locality, anyway.)

Reactions: MEBCWD

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: roxanne562001

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Bstrom Thank you. I've been waiting for an actual "workshop" since somewhere along the lines of 1997/1998, when I started woodworking, so it's been a long time coming :lol: My first place to work out of was the center section of our 8x10 barn-style shed when we lived in a mobile home. My space was just big enough for me in a chair, and my stuff on a bar stool next to me.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
@Roy Drake Thank You. And thank your wife, as well. Makes me feel a little better about my work. I see mistakes. YAY on the Remission News!!! If we could just eradicate that blasted Cancer, the world would be a much better place to live. I pray that it stays in remission, and you can get back to livin' amongst the sawdust!

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Roy, you got this far, keep being optimistic. About 2-3 weeks after treatment ends you start getting energy back you didn't even know you'd lost. A month or two more and it'll be 20 years for me.

Barb, don't feel bad, I've been out of my shop for a lot longer than you. Not so much cold, I've got a Buddy propane heater that warms it up enough for that. But lack of time and energy. I've been having to rest my legs up for about 6 hours a day. Then got other things that take priority, and all that sitting kind of saps energy, not to mention my back and knees. But have my lymph pump now, have to use it at least three times a day, 1/2 to 1 hour each time, with 2 hours between. So that means I have a minimum of 3 more hours available to me each day. But right now pretty well still bogged down with higher priority tasks. One day.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ahhh, the famous winter blues...... we got a foot of snow last night, at least another one on the way in the next 24 hrs......this means the snowmobile trails will be rideable again, after last weekend's 52* summer heat wave. Managed to test fit one of the ABS panels after retracting the roof, spent some quality time outside with a die grinder clearancing the rear of the panel backers. Also spent another couple of hours planning the next couple of steps finishing the panel structure and previously completed speaker pod mounting arrangement.

Even tho my garage is heated (with a $354 hydro bill in Jan!) I have not been out there much for the same reasons mentioned, as well as my other poor life choice besides the car hobby:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.