Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Interesting. From all the videos and pictures that you post, Harry, how much time do you spend in the shop? :wink:

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I was really impressed by the cutting cables and the job they did.

Reactions: jj777746

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. From all the videos and pictures that you post, Harry, how much time do you spend in the shop? :wink:
Unfortunately, due to health problems I doubt that I have spent more than a hand-full of hours in the shed in the last couple of years. I'm now over the Cancer but have chronic pain in my left shoulder from Bursitis. I had a Cortisone injection a couple of weeks ago but the pain, instead of going, is far worse. I'm just deciding on the next step. As for what I post on the forum, I pick out the best from what I receive from friends around the world most days.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Unfortunately, due to health problems I doubt that I have spent more than a hand-full of hours in the shed in the last couple of years. I'm now over the Cancer but have chronic pain in my left shoulder from Bursitis. I had a Cortisone injection a couple of weeks ago but the pain, instead of going, is far worse. I'm just deciding on the next step. As for what I post on the forum, I pick out the best from what I receive from friends around the world most days.
Harry

Many years ago I had bursitis in my shoulder as well. Cortisone shots did nothing for the pain. It was so bad I could hardly lift my arm to hang up an overcoat.

I went to a sports injury clinic and the doctor there prescribed a drug called "tolectin". This may not be the correct spelling. I took the prescription and the results were amazing. Without exaggerating, it was like a wonder drug.

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Harry

Many years ago I had bursitis in my shoulder as well. Cortisone shots did nothing for the pain. It was so bad I could hardly lift my arm to hang up an overcoat.

I went to a sports injury clinic and the doctor there prescribed a drug called "tolectin". This may not be the correct spelling. I took the prescription and the results were amazing. Without exaggerating, it was like a wonder drug.
Thanks for the info. Vince, I've just finished reading about it on the net and it doesn't sound like a good idea for people like me who have heart problems, in fact one of the many possible side effects is heart attack. Thanks anyway

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Thanks for the info. Vince, I've just finished reading about it on the net and it doesn't sound like a good idea for people like me who have heart problems, in fact one of the many possible side effects is heart attack. Thanks anyway
Darn, I was going to look into that too, my doctor has me on a Tylenol regimen and it lowers the pain substantially, but not altogether.

Hope you find some relief ,Harry, and glad the cancer is in remission.

Herb

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
"If it isn't one thing, it's another." -- Rosanna, Rosanadana

Hope things clear up soon, I bet you'll have fun once you can get back in the shop again.

Most of the times I use my Triton, you cross my mind.

·
Registered
901 Posts
That's an impressive video Harry. I worked for many years on the Mississippi River and had the opportunity to watch several salvage operations of barges and boats. It's like watching paint dry. The bigger things are, the slower they move. The guys that do this work are a special breed. To get to the bottom of the river in swift current, they use a large pipe which has a window cut into it a few feet from the end. The pipe is suspended vertically by a crane with the window just off the bottom. The diver goes in the top end of the pipe and out the window at the bottom. He does his work on the bottom in total darkness and climbs back through the window to ascend to the surface. Wouldn't have been necessary in the open sea, but they had their challenges too.

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"If it isn't one thing, it's another." -- Rosanna, Rosanadana

Hope things clear up soon, I bet you'll have fun once you can get back in the shop again.

Most of the times I use my Triton, you cross my mind.
You're spot on Tom, I really do miss spending my days in the shed but the pain in my shoulder from Bursitis is preventing it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts