Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Im having this problem with my router 1325. So basically if i give the input in square shape for cutting, it will result in giving rectangular shape. I tried using different images but im facing same issue. Used the manual and everything seems to be on point. Sometimes it gives accurate result but most of the time it gives rectangular shape while i even double checked the image dimensions from my computer again. Can anyone please help?
P.s. Same issue with JCUT-6060

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
It sounds like your controller software is not properly set up for whichever axis cuts shorter than the G-code wants it to. I initially thought you might have slippage in that axis, but that would lead to lines that threw off more than just 2 sides of a square. If the error is repeatable (you say it works sometimes, but that may be for a different situation), then there are two places you can look: The controller setup file for the axes, or your post processor. It could be wrongly scaling one axis as it processes the vectors. Less likely.

4D

·
Registered
351 Posts
It could be in the controller where you set the steps per inch (millimeter). If both are set the same in the controller, check on the actual stepper body label for "steps per revolution" and confirm they are the same. If they are set different in the controller software and they are the same label, then one of the settings in the controller is wrong.

Without cutting, put in a tool in your router / spindle. Have it above the bed slightly and make a mark on the table on one side of the tool. Then tell the controller to move a given distance in the X axis such as 5" and make a mark on same side of tool as the first one. Measure the distance between the marks. Now repeat with the Y axis. This should tell you if the controller settings are correct.

Steve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.