Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since space is at a premium in my 12x18 shed/shop, I have opted for a wall mounted 1hp Grizzly dust collector specifically for the table saw. I have a 1hp mobile one (it's the small one) that I can roll to the jointer, planer, and band saw. My issue is that my Shark Guard blade cover has a 2-1/2" port on it. If I run a shop vac to it I would be running two systems at one time. However, if I put a "Y" on the dust collector I would only be running one system which is my preference. Now, do I go with a "Y" with two 4" openings which would necessitate a 4" to 2-1/2" reducer to the blade guard (which I have) and run 4" hoses or do I get the "Y" that has a 4" and a 2-1/2" opening and run a 4" hose and a 2-1/2 hose. The hose runs will be no more that 6-8 feet.

The collector is rated at 537 CFM with a static pressure of 7.2 in.

Thanks for he assist.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tom. That's what I am leaning towards to. You're right about the blast gates. I plan to put it on the 2-1/2" side in case I'm doing non-thru cuts and not using the blade guard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.