Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.
I have a 3018pro, and have been getting to grips with it. I live in Leeds UK, and I am a member of men in sheds.
My background is in engineering.

I want to fit an emergency stop button to my machine as I tend to do stupid things like not resetting zero sending the router to who knows where. On the circuit board there is a connector marked stop, which I assume is where I would connect it. Is it that simple? Has anyone done it, and be able to give me assurance that if I connect to that there won't be the proverbial loud flash and green bang!

Looking forward to joining some of the discussions and learning a bit.

Regards

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Keith
you can get that Switch from the company you also can buy that same switch from Shark cnc I’m sure there’s other people have the same thing
Utube

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Keith
forgot I believe that particular switch can be bought from Amazon for about eight dollars

·
Official Greeter
19,967 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
Thanks for all your feedback.

Semipro Thanks for the video link, but the switch is not the problem, it is where to connect it. Am i correct it goes to the stop connector.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Keith
not sure what you need but this Video shows how to install the emergency safety switch
hope it helps GOOD LUCK

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Guess I was suppose to post the video

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi semipro

Almost but not quite!
I must say that is one of the best solutions to fitting limit switches I have seen. Unfortunately the circuit board is different to mine, but thanks anyway.
BTW I looked up and the kit is currently out of stock

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi again.
I decided to bite the bullet and go ahead anyway, I purchased an emergency stop switch (Good old ebay!) and the socket to fit the stop plug on the circuit board. (Again good old ebay!)
I connected it up, and started a g-code program that I have used before. Fingers crossed I pressed the button, No smoke, no flash or bang the machine stopped dead. Me emergency stop button locks when pressed, and when I unlocked it my machine carried on as though nothing had happened, RESULT!

Wood Plant Motor vehicle Gas Tree

The emergency stop button is fixed to the side with a 'T' nut and the wires go along the top of the channel.
Audio equipment Audio receiver Electronic instrument Electronic device Engineering

The socket on my board is shown by the arrow.

I am happy with the result.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts