Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...we are always saying 'There's no stupid questions'?
Well I've got one *embarrassment*...
When i/you click on 'Active Topics' a pg drops down, in my case 25 thread titles.
So, how do you open up the next 25?

·
Registered
52 Posts
If there are only 25 that's all there are( that's how many display per page) if more subjects were active at the bottom right there is a page counter just click on pg 2.

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Okay, I checked with another member of our staff and found that it is normally just one page listed under active posts.

New posts can go to more than one page if there has been more than one page of new posts since you last logged in.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope; it used to run continuously. You could scroll down to the next threads.
It's the 'definition' of ACTIVE that's the problem, I think(?).
If a particular thread wasn't accessed and commented on, say over the weekend, or a ton of new threads have been added as 'New', then the older one gets bumped and apparently slips into oblivion.
You should be able to easily access all threads in the past week for example. Just sayin'.
I know that I've gone looking for something and it's just disappeared.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, thanks Cricket for the fast work on that!
My question is now a suggestion; add an "OLDER POSTS" button at the bottom of the ACTIVE TOPICS page and allow for a second and maybe third page of previous posts.
(Phew! That was a close call on the 'stupid ' thing...;) )

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
When you change to mobile version , there's a scroll bar at the bottom that shows as many pages as you like . I did it today on my smart phone , but I don't use mobile at home on my iPad as I like the classic view

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Ok interestingly enough I can see the scroll bar on my Samsung phone in mobile version , but not at home on my iPad if I switch to mobile version?

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Then 'They' need to convene a meeting of the Steering Cmt. and revisit the Design Protocol! ;)
I'm saying there needs to be a quick way to access the next (previous threads) page and the one before that.
An arbitrary setting is useless if you're wanting to add to a previous thread, or re-read something from a few days ago. ALL other search methods are unwieldy.
The Tribe has spoken.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Then 'They' need to convene a meeting of the Steering Cmt. and revisit the Design Protocol! ;)
I'm saying there needs to be a quick way to access the next (previous threads) page and the one before that.
An arbitrary setting is useless if you're wanting to add to a previous thread, or re-read something from a few days ago. ALL other search methods are unwieldy.
The Tribe has spoken.
I agree DAN, I have posted a new thread before on Friday and by Monday it is gone. The only way to bring it back is to add a post so that it becomes active again. If it is not active, then no one reads it to comment on it. On the other hand I have seen nonsense posts go for days and days and days .............and days....and days........days .........zzz.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Herb

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your comment, Herb is a perfect example!
You commented around 3:00pm and by 4:00PM it was 1/2 way down the ACTIVE page...Gone by dinner time I'm guessing.
(Except I just revived it...:) )

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wait...what?

New posts won't bring up old posts from yesterday or the weekend. I'm just confused; I think this is the only blog that I regularly visit that doesn't have an 'Older Posts' button.
If I see something in passing, but don't have time to read it right then, too bad, it'll likely have disappeared by the time I get back to it.
Not user friendly, Cricket. Just sayn'.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts