Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've seen a number of posts here about making your own router table and such. Just to add fuel to the fire, one way to pick up some free materials for a home-made router table is to check your local cabinet shops.

This is a pile that I picked up a couple weeks ago, I was in the car so I could only get about 1/3 of the pile that was put on pallets out by the road.
A good way to stock up on materials for templates also, there always seems to be a bit of 1/4" stock in the piles.

Items include, countertop cutoff, 1/4" hardboard, 1/4" Masonite, 1/2" chipboard, and some 1/2" Melamine.

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
You have a gold mine there.

I have got to locate one in my area, as I keep hearing of all the good things you can do with their throw aways.

Right now I need a kitchen tear out to supply my need for shop hand tool cabinets mounted on the wall.

Great find... lucky you!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob N said:
Right now I need a kitchen tear out to supply my need for shop hand tool cabinets mounted on the wall.
Again, your local cabinet shop may be the place to stop in and get to know the people there. I've heard (but don't know of any personally) that some cabinet shops appreciate having someone offer to haul away old cabinets that have been removed in order to install new cabinets.

I don't currently have a shop setup that is appropriate for hanging wall cabinets so I haven't checked on that.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Gee Stan, I guess there is gold in Montana. Free is usually a good thing, and here is another spot you might want to check: www.freecycle.org
Find your local chapter and watch the postings for waterbed frames. 2"x12"x4'-7' boards that cost you only the gas to go pick them up.
By the way, Jamaican blue mountain is my brew!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aniceone2hold said:
....you might want to check: www.freecycle.org
By the way, Jamaican blue mountain is my brew!
Doesn't appear to be much activity for the local group for freecycle.org. Only 7 members and all they have discussed so far is having lunch together and putting together a bulk seed order...... :(

Folgers here. No chocolate, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, cream, etc. for me. :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
I talked with a cabinet company here, but they didn't seem interested in letting me have any old cabinets they'd pulled out - competition?

BTW, I'll be heading north next summer for an AF reunion near Westby & Plentywood - any chance for some french roast?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JamesEMc said:
I talked with a cabinet company here, but they didn't seem interested in letting me have any old cabinets they'd pulled out - competition?
:( Bummer with that... Maybe some general contractors that do remodeling???
Wonder if they are selling them to a used cabinet outlet somewhere, or possibly too many other trying to do the same thing?

JamesEMc said:
BTW, I'll be heading north next summer for an AF reunion near Westby & Plentywood - any chance for some french roast?
Don't know if my coffee maker will brew anything but Folgers Classic Roast, but it pretty much always has fresh coffee in it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.