Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just realized I haven't shared this yet.

I use an old (1958+) Graflex Super Graphic 4x5 camera.
I bought another lens (210mm if you want to know).

I had a piece of Curly Oak which I resawed and glued as a bookmatched piece. I routed the left and right edges so it behaved correctly for the camera. Used poly spray and then drilled the hole.
Lastly, attached the lens.

This was used for the picture I posted here:
http://www.routerforums.com/lobby/78546-mother-turns-93-a.html

And last pic is the lens board as a sub-board in my Cherry Lens Board. Shown with my CAMBO view camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
gorgeous camera...

Reactions: rwl7532

·
Super Moderator
David
3,569 Posts
Brings back memories! My buddy and I made a trip to Yosemite in '83 to follow in Ansel Adams footsteps. We had a couple of 35mm cameras, a Mamiya RB67, and a Wista 4x5 with a couple of Schneider Componon lenses and all the related gear to go with that - large wooden tripods, film packs, changing bags, the whole nine yards. We packed that stuff and supplies into two backpacks and set out on a 5 day, 45 mile hike in the rugged terrain of Yosemite with each pack weighing in at about 70 pounds. Brought back some amazing shots and had a blast! It was fun reliving it again when we came home and spent hours upon hours in the darkroom developing and processing.

When we went back a few years ago I took a Canon digital point and shoot camera and took some of the same shots we took in '93. Backpack was a whole lot lighter, for sure!

Thanks for the reminder of the memories, and you did a great job on your camera gear - David

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Nice work...completely transforms the camera...

Reactions: ksidwy and rwl7532

·
Registered
657 Posts
Very nice, there was something very special about view camera. Years ago I got a chance to play with an 8x10 view camera. At the time, late 70's film for it was $1.00 per sheet. Seemed quite expensive to play with lol

Gary

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice, there was something very special about view camera. Years ago I got a chance to play with an 8x10 view camera. At the time, late 70's film for it was $1.00 per sheet. Seemed quite expensive to play with lol

Gary
8x10 Ilford HP5+ is now $4.84 per sheet. (25 sheets in the box)
I use 4x5 which is 1/4 the cost.
Film is quite active on Flickr - all sizes.

Reactions: gjackson52

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
Great camera, Ralph, [and a nice piece of woodwork].....

Reactions: rwl7532
1 - 10 of 10 Posts