Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had to reset our Z-Axis manually several times now. I understand we need to set the Z limit per job depending on switching up the materials, however, once a week or so after turning on and homing the CNC Router the Z-Axis reading is way off.

It is not a huge deal to have to reset it manually, however, I was told that this should only have to be done every 6 months or so. I am worried there is a problem within the computer itself, or perhaps a sensor. Any advice?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is your program stand alone or run thru Windows? Windows has a problem with timing thru the parallel port and it shows up especially as the machine ages and doesn't put out a full 5 volts to the port. I'm not sure why but the problem always shows up on the z axis first. Eighty percent of the mills I repaired using Mach3 controls were fixed by replacing the computer or switching over to linuxcnc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.