Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As a brand new member today apologies if I'm not doing this properly.....

I've just "won" an old Zyliss Vice on ebay and am struggling to find a manual for it to hopefully get the full use of what looks like a pretty good portable vice.

Thers are a few pictures on the box to give me some clues but I'm sure the manual would cover a whole lot more.

Any links or attachments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
882 Posts

·
Official Greeter
19,077 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Neil.

I have seen these demonstrated at various wood show. Even though I thought they were a good idea, they were way to expensive for me as a hobbyist.

I may have to revise my thinking if they are on display at this years "Working With Wood Show" this month.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I "won" mine about 15 years ago from a pawn shop who did not actually know what it was other than some kind of vice. It happened about three weeks after I had been to a wood show and I certainly knew what it was. Can you say $20?

·
Official Greeter
19,077 Posts
I "won" mine about 15 years ago from a pawn shop who did not actually know what it was other than some kind of vice. It happened about three weeks after I had been to a wood show and I certainly knew what it was. Can you say $20?
I only wish......

·
Registered
434 Posts
I picked one up at an auction recently quite cheaply. It doesn't have all the "bits" in the video but it is a great vice. I replaced my more traditional vice with it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Here's a manual for the more recent incarnation.
http://www.advmachinery.com/manuals/Zvise.pdf

And a vid from a trade show.
Z-Vise Video - YouTube
I was thinking I was SO lucky when I was given a Zyliss vise for a Christmas present. That was in the '80s. There was only an owners manual with it showing the many different applications, just as this link shows. At that time there was not any video to go with it. I do feel this is one of THE most versatile rigs I've ever seen or used. Congrats. on your selection. I even had mine stolen in a break-in and had to wait 2 years for another trade show where they were being shown and sold. I was again very lucky that insurance paid to replace the one I lost. You wont be sorry you got this fantastic tool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Neil
I have just inherited an original zyliss made vice, that was in my late dads house, it is in its box and has the original price of £12.99, on a swiss languaged manual, but it also has an english manual that was purchased as an extra, for the pricely sum of 35p!, if you are still stuck let me know i may be able to scan it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts