I was doing pretty well with this sled, until tonight.
I got the runners mounted. Counterbored the runners and used regular round screws because that is all that is available locally. Counterbore that I used is 12mm (0.472") so I will have to check to see if I can find truss/lath screws in Baker City. I wasn't planning on going but things conspire....
I did the runners and rear fence yesterday and earlier today. No problems, other than the sled is a touch snug in one spot. I think I need to open up the clearance hole in the UHMW runners so the screw isn't pushing the runner sideways at all.
I was up very late tonight (last night) with some worries about family matters and could not sleep. So, I figured I'd work on putting in the holes and threaded inserts for the front fence. It was all going well, getting it lined up (square with the saw kerf), pilot holes placed in the bases/fence.
And then I went to counterbore for the screw head relief holes. I forgot to turn the sled over. Counterbores were supposed to go on the bottom. But... I put them on the top.
I'll try plugging these holes/counterbores and then redilling/CBing from the right side. If that doesn't work, I'll just trim off an inch and try again. However, as things happen, I am not sure when I will get back to this.